View Full Version : Any Xbox (Xbox Live) fans here?

mirkazemisaman
02-23-2003, 06:11 AM
Just wondering if there are any Xbox or ultimately Xbox Live fans here? I have reduced my "Xbox Time" to only maybe 5hrs a week since I got my Axim and although I have 12 games, I mostly play Unreal Championship over the Xbox Live.
Now with my Axim I wish I had spent some money on my PPC instead of buying 12 games. Of course that was before I got the Axim, but god when I think of it only the games cost me $600 excluding accessories like DVD kit, Xbox Live kit, RF adapter, Carrying Case etc and the Xbox itself. I bought it when It was ~$500 and you had to buy a Xbox Kit and couldn't get the system alone.
Oh well, I am not spending another cent on that Xbox, except (of course) when Halo 2 comes out...

Green_Day_20
02-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah I play live sometimes! Not too much cause I dont have high speed. I only play when I go to my friends house. I have Unreal and Ghost Recon (awesome game !! I love) But I find Unreal sorta boring after abit. Voice chat is cool

Fishie
02-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Get Panzer Dragoon Orta, if any game can be clasified as ART, its that one.

acronym
02-23-2003, 11:26 PM
I got my xbox 'bout 5 months ago - mostly to mod it and see what it can do. I had more fun taking it apart and programming that any game I've played :lol:

unfortunatly - its been gathering dust lately

Stilke
02-23-2003, 11:55 PM
Got a chipped Xbox, I'm having a blast with the latest XBMP player, It's simply incredible!
The Xsnes Emulator (Snes) and MameX emu are Awesome too
the control with games are a lot better than PC version and you have the look and feel of the real console/arcade since it's displayed flawlessly on a TV screen

Green_Day_20
02-24-2003, 04:35 AM
What does a mod chip do? someone told me you can install windows and stuff and use it almost like a normal computer

vincentsiaw
02-24-2003, 04:47 AM
What does a mod chip do? someone told me you can install windows and stuff and use it almost like a normal computer

And some mod chip allows you to play pirated copy game, which is illegal, but in asia illegal or not nobody give a damn :twisted:

others can even run linux in xbox using a custom made mod chip :!:

Sheynk
02-25-2003, 03:16 AM

And y? :?: :?: :?:

Best game for xbox: Splinter Cell

Best game that gonna come out for xbox (and other systems): Enter the Matrix

Worst game: Sega GT2002 worst driving game ever!

mirkazemisaman
03-01-2003, 05:15 AM

Agree about Splinter Cell, but how about Halo 2 as the "best game that's gonna come out"?

Patt
03-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Haven't done live yet. I really can't stand all the policital crap that goes with multi playing: pk, cheating, blaaa blaaa

Splinter Cell is pretty good, but our vote has to go with Steel Battallion. We just got it last week, on order since before Christmas. Man what a cool game! I pretty much suck at it, but the other members of my household are progressing nicely. It is good that the game is really hard, justifies the price tag. Imagine spending that much and finishing it in a couple evenings!!! 8O

I also kinda enjoyed Morrowind.

Patt

Green_Day_20
03-02-2003, 05:38 PM
I'd say Ghost Recon is the best game. Its so realistic its disgusting, truly amazing on xbox live. Halo is pretty good action combat game, but Ghost Recons is an amazing combat simulation.

Sheynk
03-02-2003, 09:44 PM

Agree about Splinter Cell, but how about Halo 2 as the "best game that's gonna come out"?

Ok :D that works for me too sinse its going to be "Live"

But still Enter the Matrix will be the most revolutionary game to date for the Xbox.....not just a shooter.... plus it intertwines with the movie!

READ: I am crazy matrix fanatic!

targetdrone
05-20-2003, 12:50 AM
You don't have to wait to play Halo over the internet. If you have broadband, you can use your computer to link your XBOX over the net.

Go to xbconnect (http://www.xbconnect.com) and download the FREE program. MS must really hate them, :evil: but who cares what MS likes.