View Full Version : 256MB SD card is biggest one, right?

spinedoc
02-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Just checkng before I go and spend the money. I want the biggest card money can buy currently. Also if there is a 512MB SD coming out anyone care to guess when it will be released?

spinedoc
02-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Nevermind, found 512MB cards for $350, wow. Picked up a $99 256MB card at circuit city.

Bloop
02-22-2003, 06:13 PM
i think they had a 256 sd by scan disk on buy.com for $77

Merlion
02-23-2003, 12:28 AM
Buy.com now has the Sandisk 256MB SD card (http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10324276&loc=101) for only $69.99 with free shipping. What a deal!

PetiteFlower
02-23-2003, 12:46 AM
Have you looked at the reviews on Buy.com? They have as much negative feedback as positive!!! Never ever would I spend my money there.

In fact, every retailer that I've looked up from Price Grabber has a ****ty return policy. They all charge restocking fees on returns--even for defective/DOA items! No way, no thanks, I'll go to a reputable retailer and spend a little more to have a little more confidence in the place I'm buying from.

Circuit city has the cheapest SD cards right now, BTW. Personally I'd rather buy 2 256m cards for $200 then one 512 card for $350 but that's just me :)

IronGeek
02-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Thats what I did when I got my 256M SD. Amazon was only about $7 more that the cheapest store on pricegraber so I went with Amazon. Amazon said it would ship around the 5th of March but I got it 3 days after ordering it so go figure. Only problem I'm having is my 6 in 1 reader from Sandisk is locking up Explorer on my box.

67stang
02-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Have you looked at the reviews on Buy.com? They have as much negative feedback as positive!!! Never ever would I spend my money there.

I have bought my electronics, online, exclusively from buy.com for the past 3-4 years. Several digicams, lots of memory, storage..printers, scanners.

I have NEVER had a problem or even a complaint. Prices are always best I have been able to find, stuff arrives in a couple days.

Konsole
02-24-2003, 06:41 AM
I just bought a SD 256mb for 77 w/ shipping

I love my h1910, but damn.. i have filled this thing up in no time and I still have some apps I want to install. Ive filled up my 32mb MMC card already (Zwan Album :D )

When/If I get a wlan card (assuming HP releases an SDIO flash) I will need to keep 'online' apps on the ppc and 'offline' stuff on my SD/mmc cards. Does anyone have any recomendations for newbies on how to manage files? Any tweaks? What default files are unneeded? I uninstalled Windows Media player cause i got pocketmusic and pocketmvp. Anything else?

PetiteFlower
02-24-2003, 07:15 AM
I have bought my electronics, online, exclusively from buy.com for the past 3-4 years. Several digicams, lots of memory, storage..printers, scanners.

Just because you've gotten lucky doesn't mean I want to risk my money on a place like that. 50% negative feedback is completely unacceptable AFAIC. And I'm not willing to pay a restocking fee if I happen to get unlucky and end up with a defective product. It doesn't matter that some people had no problems with them, many many more did. I'll stick with real live stores or web sites with decent customer service and return policies, thanks.

Pony99CA
02-24-2003, 08:58 AM
Just because you've gotten lucky doesn't mean I want to risk my money on a place like that. 50% negative feedback is completely unacceptable AFAIC. And I'm not willing to pay a restocking fee if I happen to get unlucky and end up with a defective product. It doesn't matter that some people had no problems with them, many many more did. I'll stick with real live stores or web sites with decent customer service and return policies, thanks.
What reviews are you reading? Trashing someone without backing that up isn't a very good thing to do. Citing some unsourced reviews doesn't count as backing up your comments.

I've bought many things from Buy.com without a problem, too. After reading your comments, I checked Reseller Ratings (http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2107.html), and the reviews were OK -- not great, but OK. For comparison, Amazon had 6.88 overall for the last six months; Buy.com had 6.23.

Steve

Pony99CA
02-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Nevermind, found 512MB cards for $350, wow. Picked up a $99 256MB card at circuit city.
So much for the "biggest card money can buy", eh? :lol:

I guess you don't want to know about the 1 GB SD card. :-)

Steve