View Full Version : Mind of its own...

ChristosX
02-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Please Help! Has anyone experienced my problem of Active Sync randomly connecting and disconnecting (sometimes in the middle of a software install)? I'm getting ticked off. I need to shut down my computer and physically reconnect the cable to sync. What can I do?
I'm not using cutting edge stuff either, just a simple iPAQ 3835. :x

vincentsiaw
02-21-2003, 04:32 PM
sometimes it's not only iPaq which is faulty, i have similar experience like you do, i do everything i can, but still ended up with the same problem, untill i found out that actually my damn USB hub is the culprit! somehow that USB port is just broken...... :oops:

JoeMoon
02-21-2003, 04:59 PM
I noticed the same problem on my HP laptop. I moved my Sync cable to a different USB port and the problem went away. Maybe it has something to do with a weak sugnal/power... Not sure...

Joe...

Chris Spera
02-21-2003, 06:02 PM
I noticed the same problem on my HP laptop. I moved my Sync cable to a different USB port and the problem went away. Maybe it has something to do with a weak sugnal/power... Not sure...

Joe...

It probably does. Also if you have your cradle connected to a USB Hub, take it out of the HUB and put it in a native port. If it is in a native port, try moving it to another native port.

Connecting your cradle to the hub is possible, but not recommended. Also if you have an iPAQ 5455 and have turned on USB Charging, turn it off and use the AC Adapter to power the cradle.

If these things don't help, you might want to have your PC looked at.