View Full Version : Any recommendations for Bluetooth CF Card

Martin I Pettinger
02-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Hi

Thanks for those who replied to post on Whether I should go for the BT Sleeve by Compaq or the Bluepaq. Having done a bit more research - answer seems neither!

What I should be looking into for my iPAQ3850 is a CF card. Not least because I may be able to get a decent range. Summer is coming in Scotland (Lol) and I want to use the iPAQ in the garden. So question is what CF card gives the best range - i.e. any Class 1 or 2 devices.

I think I have asked this before but please humour me - if you have a Class 2 CF Card in the PDA and a Class 1 USB Dongle - Is the maximum range dictated by the Class 2 card.

Cheers

Martin

daS
02-25-2003, 06:41 AM
Certainly there are no Class 1 cards and with battery life being the primary consern, I don't know of any Class 2 (although there might be one.)

And yes, you have it right - the range is dictated by the least powerful radio of the pair. You can think of it this way: The power class references the transmitter power not the receiver's sensitivity. So a Class 3 radio communicating with a Class 1 is like you having a conversation with someone with a bullhorn. You can hear the higher power output, but they can't hear you. Since the Bluetooth protocols require feedback, the lowest power radio defines the maximum distance.