View Full Version : Avant Go help

Green_Day_20
02-20-2003, 06:23 AM
Ok heres the problem. I sync my Axim with my PC. I get all the Pre-set channels synced (usa today, cnet, msnbc, and some travel one) When I got to avantgo.com to add more channels I cant seem to do it. I add them and nothing happens. Do I need to download a program from avantgo or anything ?? whats the problem??

Dave Beauvais
02-20-2003, 06:56 AM
As far as I know, the AvantGo software is installed on the PC when ActiveSync is installed, but is not enabled by default. You have to go into ActiveSync's options to enable it. A newer version of the AvantGo client software than what is included with ActiveSync is available from the My AvantGo software download page (https://my.avantgo.com/account/downloads.html). You will need to have an AvantGo account to download it. The account also allows you to select your own custom channel content.

Once installed, it'll take you through the process of configuring your device. Follow the on-screen instructions and you should be all set. Sometimes when it's done, you'll end up with two AvantGo server profiles listed, so on your PC, go to Control Panel, AvantGo Connect, and make sure that only one "My AvantGo" server is listed. To make sure you delete the correct one, go to properties and check the username. The default one often has "anon" or something like that for the username.

Sorry if this didn't make sense. I'm tired, and this kinda just spewed out of my fingers. :)

--Dave

Pony99CA
02-20-2003, 06:59 AM
Ok heres the problem. I sync my Axim with my PC. I get all the Pre-set channels synced (usa today, cnet, msnbc, and some travel one) When I got to avantgo.com to add more channels I cant seem to do it. I add them and nothing happens. Do I need to download a program from avantgo or anything ?? whats the problem??
You need to be more specific about what you're doing when you say "I add them and nothing happens". Tell us your current set-up (for example, have you registered?) and a step-by-step list of what you do on the AvantGo site.

I added channels to my AvantGo client, and they seem to work fine.

Steve

Green_Day_20
02-20-2003, 04:15 PM
Yes I did register, I have a user name I use. I'm always logged on when I do this. Avantgo is activated on my PPC so I do download the Pre set channels, I just cant select or delete any chanells.

Dave Beauvais
02-21-2003, 12:04 AM
Yes I did register, I have a user name I use. I'm always logged on when I do this. Avantgo is activated on my PPC so I do download the Pre set channels, I just cant select or delete any chanells.
My theory is that you have more than one server profile in your AvantGo Connect settings. Check this on either the PC or Pocket PC. You can have more than one server configured, but if the channels you are trying to delete are associated with the "default" server profile, that could be why you can't add or change anything.

--Dave