View Full Version : Recorder Application

Monty Gibson
02-20-2003, 02:56 AM
What is the actual program on the Pocket PC that launches the voice recorder that we see in Notes? I am trying to get VoiceCentral to recognize it. I thought it was "hotvoice" in \Windows but I suppose I was wrong.

dean_shan
02-20-2003, 05:48 AM
I know this is not what you asked for but I like to use NoteM (http://www.geocities.com/zavorine/wince/mp3.htm) for voice recording. It is an MP3 recorder that gives you 5 times more recording time than the standard voice notes recorder. NoteM is Freeware and a very good program.

Pony99CA
02-20-2003, 08:48 AM
What is the actual program on the Pocket PC that launches the voice recorder that we see in Notes? I am trying to get VoiceCentral to recognize it. I thought it was "hotvoice" in \Windows but I suppose I was wrong.
I don't think there is a program which does the voice bar. Notes.exe uses vbarcall.dll and voicebar.dll, and those DLLs probably provide the voice bar. Inbox (tmail.exe) and Pocket Informant, which also do voice notes, also use those DLLs.

This means that you'll need a custom program to use those DLLs to display the voice bar.

As for hotvoice.exe, I think that is used by the voice recorder that can be mapped to a button.

Steve

wbuch
02-23-2003, 02:11 AM
I don't know how you set this up, but you might try launching "hotvoice.exe -q" I was just going thru my registry on my PPC, and noticed that in there. Worth a shot, anyway.

Pony99CA
02-24-2003, 01:36 AM
I don't know how you set this up, but you might try launching "hotvoice.exe -q" I was just going thru my registry on my PPC, and noticed that in there. Worth a shot, anyway.
You put "15#hotvoice.exe -q" in Notepad on your PC, save it to hotvoice.txt in your synchronized documents folder and let ActiveSync copy it to your Pocket PC.

On your Pocket PC, rename the file to hotvoice.lnk, then copy it to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. When you view the Programs folder, you'll see a messed up icon. Sadly, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Of course, I didn't expect it to. Read my previous post to find out why.

Steve