View Full Version : WiFi Hotspot Database

Jason Dunn
02-20-2003, 02:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.makewirelesswork.com/directory.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.makewirelesswork.com/directory.htm</a><br /><br /></div>"In partnership with Riverwalk Consulting Group, Makewirelesswork.com is pleased to offer a free database of Wireless HotSpots throughout North America. The HotSpot Directory includes a self running MobileDB-PC version database provided by Handmark. We've also included version that run with Microsoft Excel and on Palm Pilots and Pocket PC devices. We will be updating the Directory monthly and you will receive automatic updates via email."

iPaqDude
02-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Hmmmm.... site not finished, "Free Database" link not hot... register and nothing happens.... maybe I jumped on this one too soon?

Fzara
02-20-2003, 04:27 AM
Hmm. He mentions "Palm Pilots", probably referring to a Palm OS device.

I would have thought people today knew that Palm Pilots are NOT Palm devices, are were extinct back in 1997.

I hope to download the link, although I will probably not be in proximity with any of the hot-spots.

iPaqDude
02-20-2003, 04:52 AM
Ok... I owe these guys an apology.... no sooner posted my unflattering post about them when I received an email with the databases included in a zip file :oops: . Looks pretty good. I'll spend some time over the next couple of days checking it out.

mea culpa, mea culpa......

riverwlk
02-20-2003, 05:21 AM
Admittedly this directory has taken off better than we expected. We are targetting a true site launch mid march so what we have now is beta web!

Secondly we blew through our alloted download bandwidth so we are delivering the database one of two ways:

1) Visit www.pocketgear.com for a free download or
2) register with us and we send it out via manual email daily.

The only nice thing about the manual email is we can parse out repeats, b.s. names etc.

Thanks for your interest and if you know of hotspots we should add..let us know as we provide updates monthly!

Art