View Full Version : 5400 and Leap and Cisco WAP

stonepro
02-19-2003, 11:06 PM
I need my 5455 to connect to the Cicso WAP at work. This has LEAP and some other options activated. I read somewhere that HP will have LEAP drivers soon (when?), but...

What other issues are/would prevent me from using my 5455 (with the new drivers) to connect to the Cisco WAP???

Eitel -- you out there??? -- I'm pretty sure you have ALL of the answers...

Thanks!!!

Eitel
02-20-2003, 04:24 AM
Darn, I'm getting famous. :D

Unfortunately, I don't have any new info. Last I got was two weeks ago saying that there were hoping to have something in February or March, but now it looks like April at the earliest.

The good news is that this update will most likely be a full ROM upgrade with new WiFi drivers and firmware.

stonepro
02-20-2003, 06:25 AM
[quote="Eitel"]
Unfortunately, I don't have any new info. quote]

Luckily, I need some of your old knowledge... In the old post (I think on Brighthand) you seemed to have an idea about the settings on the WAP... I thought you mentioned that there was a setting on the WAP that would force people to use Cisco Wireless NIC's. Do you know anything about this? Do you know what needs to be turned off on the WAP for it to work?

Or is my memory totally screwed up...?

TIA!!!

PS -- Dude, you ARE famous... I got my 5450 because of you and Aristocrat (I think that was his name).