View Full Version : What do folk think of Compaq BT Sleeve for the iPAQ

Martin I Pettinger
02-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Hi

I may be getting a BT CF Sleeve for my iPAQ 3850. I have tried to find a review on this product in vain.

Also searched the forum but only found stuff on the Bluepaq. Anyone got any comments on this expansion option, other than it will turn the iPAQ 3850 into a brick - lol.

I would also appreciate some recommendations for a cheap USB BT dongle for my laptop - I am in the UK.

Cheers

Martin

belfast-biker
02-19-2003, 12:24 PM
Hi
I would also appreciate some recommendations for a cheap USB BT dongle for my laptop - I am in the UK.

Cheers

Martin

Get any CSR-chipped one.

jutae
02-19-2003, 06:29 PM
I own a T-Mobile T68i phone and a Compaq 3955. I tried to pair them using a Pretec CF card and had no luck. I bought the COmpaq Bluetooth sleeve and it allowed them to pair with no problems. Think of getting some sort of bluetooth device for my pcs and laptop next.

vincentsiaw
02-19-2003, 07:15 PM
i use bluepaq for my 3835, it's awesome! furthermore, you don't have to install the driver with a cd, it's included in the bluepaq ROM

bdeli
02-19-2003, 07:54 PM
I had bought the Compaq BT Sleeve for my 3835 iPAQ, and I did regret spending 150$ for it. Here is why you should not get one - imho:

1. Bulky + no cover
2. Flaky BT drivers from Compaq
3. You cannot use Microdrives or any other CF card which consumes a lot of power.
5. There is no slider to remove any CF cards.

What I would recommend is that you buy a CF+ sleeve (which comes with a battery) and get a BT CF card. Total cost would be cheaper than the Compaq BT sleeve + you would have a cover and an extra battery.

My 2 cents.