View Full Version : Official Hackmaster Site Launched

Jason Dunn
02-18-2003, 11:59 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pockethackmaster.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.pockethackmaster.com/</a><br /><br /></div>"Do you want to squeeze the maximum from you XScale based device? Overclock your 400 MHz Pocket PC to 500 MHz and gain additional 20% performance boost? Clock down the CPU to preserve battery power? Manually tweak the memory and LCD multipliers, run your CPU in Turbo or Run mode, set the SDRAM latency, refresh rate or refresh cycles? Get detailed information on your device, see the running processes, threads, loaded DLLs? See the system databases and your power status? Hack Master will do this for you."<br /><br />If you've ever wanted to know how Hackmaster, an incredibly powerful but obscure application, really works, check out the site - they have some forums, but I couldn't find a really solid walk-through of what the features do.<br /><br />You can purchase Hackmaster for $9.99 <a href="http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&jid=28X4832EX44B684CEB3DB538D488XA42&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&amp;sectionId=0&productId=52913">through Handango.</a>

heov
02-19-2003, 12:07 AM
If you've ever wanted to know how Hackmaster, an incredibly powerful but obscure application, really works, check out the site - they have some forums, but I couldn't find a really solid walk-through of what the features do.

There's a pretty in-depth manual included that explains pretty much all the functions (almost done, but the important parts are done). But the manual is pretty long, but shouldn't be a problem if you just want to read the scaling page.

Anyway, it makes it easier if you were w/ the dev when he was adding these features, @ the ~2900 posts thread @ BH ;)

freitasm
02-19-2003, 12:12 AM
If you've ever wanted to know how Hackmaster, an incredibly powerful but obscure application, really works, check out the site - they have some forums, but I couldn't find a really solid walk-through of what the features do.

There's a pretty in-depth manual included that explains pretty much all the functions (almost done, but the important parts are done). But the manual is pretty long, but shouldn't be a problem if you just want to read the scaling page.

Anyway, it makes it easier if you were w/ the dev when he was adding these features, @ the ~2900 posts thread @ BH ;)

The manual is "in development": the latest version (downloaded yesterday from Handango) explains the scale options VERY WELL.

But the last line says something like "The rest of this manual should be available soon".

Rirath
02-19-2003, 01:40 AM
This website has been around for several weeks. Personally I don't see what's so obscure about it. It's all labeled very well, more so as time goes on. If you know how the pocket pcs work, it should be very easy to use. It's not like there's a shortage of information on the topic... you've got the forums and the brighthand thread to go on as well as the in depth manual.

I'm sitting here restoring my Axim after a scaling mistake. Ah well. :lol:

heov
02-19-2003, 02:07 AM
This website has been around for several weeks. Personally I don't see what's so obscure about it. It's all labeled very well, more so as time goes on. If you know how the pocket pcs work, it should be very easy to use. It's not like there's a shortage of information on the topic... you've got the forums and the brighthand thread to go on as well as the in depth manual.

I'm sitting here restoring my Axim after a scaling mistake. Ah well. :lol:

yeah, but anton called the prior website "unofficial"... i guess he wanted everything in the site to be functional before he called it "official". Not much has changed though...

anton said he's releasing another ppc soon (i think he said tomorrow)... but he's keeping it on the down low :)

BTW, he's the number one seller at Games@handango :D

Rirath
02-19-2003, 03:21 AM
yeah, but anton called the prior website "unofficial"... i guess he wanted everything in the site to be functional before he called it "official". Not much has changed though...

Ah... well, you know what a perfectionist he is. :lol: