View Full Version : Goodbye Palm

Catfish2939
02-18-2003, 05:46 AM
As a Handspring Visor user, I was pretty sceptical about buying a PPC. It only took me one day to realize I had done the right thing. It's been almost a week and no resets.

I have been careful to use the task switcher and keep my programs to a minimum. Haven't got much 3rd party on yet, but so far I love it.

It will even run my bowling scorecard Excel spreadsheet that I never could get to run under Palm.

Man this is great.

spursdude
02-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Glad you enjoy it...

Now are you starting to see that the "stability" factor is way overhyped?

dean_shan
02-18-2003, 07:33 AM
Hey I am an X-Visor user too. I made the switch and have not missed it at all. Well ok some of the freeware games I miss. But I havn't even touched my Visor in months.

I kept my visor and turned it into a gameboy. I just couldn't give up Fire Rescue and PalmLander. I've been searching for a PPC version of those games. Can any one else help me out?

erussell
02-27-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm an ex-Handspring Prism user. Love the Axim X5, but miss the fast and easy syncing via InstallBuddy/BackupBuddy and the easier to use address book and calendar on Palm OS.

Axim X5/400, Socket CF Modem, Holux GPS w/PocketMap Navigator, Linksys WiFi CF, two 256MB Sandisk SD cards - love my toys!

lithium
03-03-2003, 12:27 AM
dean_shan,

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but RocketElite seems to be highly rated. http://www.rocketelite.com/ I haven't seen any lunar lander type games.

Roosterman
03-03-2003, 02:00 AM
This could be the x handspring users group. I also came over from a visor. Once Dell came out with the announcement for the X5 I knew I was going to get one. The PPC had finally been made that fit my desire for a high quality machine at what I consider a reasonable price. Really happy with the change. X5 offers so many advantages. My visor, gave it to my son. It seems to meet his needs.