View Full Version : Toshiba 2032 - Anyway to make it ring out loud with the ear piece plugged in?

ryangruhn
02-18-2003, 02:23 AM
Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you know of a program, or a way to make the Toshiba 2032 ring when the ear piece is plugged in. I like to have the ear piece plugged in when I have the phone in my car, or in my coat. But even when it vibarates I somtimes miss the call cause its not loud enough. Anyone know of a way?

Monty Gibson
02-18-2003, 03:00 AM
Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you know of a program, or a way to make the Toshiba 2032 ring when the ear piece is plugged in. I like to have the ear piece plugged in when I have the phone in my car, or in my coat. But even when it vibarates I somtimes miss the call cause its not loud enough. Anyone know of a way?

Which one are you using? The vibrate mode or the ring mode? If you're using both then just make your own .WAV file, increase the amplitude (which can be done with most .WAV creation programs) and it should turn out fine. It has for me. I too had this problem with my T-Mobile and after making my own, it's worked great.

ryangruhn
02-18-2003, 03:05 AM
it sounds great when I have the ear piece out....its just when i plug the ear piece in. It makes it so all sound goes into the ear pice, and not out the speaker.

Monty Gibson
02-18-2003, 04:13 PM
it sounds great when I have the ear piece out....its just when i plug the ear piece in. It makes it so all sound goes into the ear pice, and not out the speaker.

If you plug your "headset" into the out jack on the PPCPE all sounds will be ported through the "headset;" therefore, nothing will come out of the speaker.

If the volume is low on your "headset" as well, you may also want to check that on your "headset" your volume slider is moved all the way up. Most people do not realize that there is a volume slider on the "headset" itself (at least that's the way it is with the T-Mobile Phone's "headset").

ryangruhn
02-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Bummer,
Heres another question then. My Toshiba 2032's speaker really sucks and it distorts when it is up to full volume. Is there a speaker I could get for it as a replacment? That would sound better?

Ryan