View Full Version : Ambicom or Netgear Wireless CF

jdavid
02-17-2003, 04:28 AM
The Ambicom Wireless CF Type 1 would cost me $38
and the Netgear Ma701 would cost $40 after rebate.

I have a Dell Axim, any opinion on which is better. Does one take less power or stick out of the Axim less? I have a netgear wireless router in my room and my university uses Linksys routers througout campus.

Johnny Blaze
02-18-2003, 01:31 AM
I have tried both and I like the netgear. Both stick out the same amount and both have same power ratings.

MPSmith
02-18-2003, 01:42 AM
Coincidentally, I am writing this post wirelessly using my ambicom (a first for me). It does suck the power as far as I can tell, but I like it otherwise.

One-eYe
04-20-2003, 09:55 PM
The one problem i have with the Ambicom is that sometimes i can get the alternative Prism drivers to work and other times i can't. I can't seem to get Pocket Warrior to work at all where as PocketWiNC only works with the Prism drivers. Now if only if the Prism drivers were consistant for me.

Even with the Ambicom drivers, it works great!..only if it doesn't see multiple accesspoints. Get the battery sleeve if you think it'll suck the batteries dry to fast. That'll slove everything:)

sswany
04-22-2003, 02:40 AM
The Dell doesn't have a battery sleeve available for it does it?

PetiteFlower
04-22-2003, 06:55 PM
Why would you want a sleeve? You can definitely pick up a spare battery(regular or extra-large).

One-eYe
04-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Yes, Dell has a replacable battery you can buy, not a sleeve like the iPaq:(. Two batteries are better than one though:)