View Full Version : Anyone have this problem?

Stake
02-14-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm part of an IT department and I'm having the darnest time figuring this out. A user has a e330 and since she's had it, the device hard resets itself every few weeks. I told her to go to Toshiba and get a replacement. She received a replacement but the reset occured again.

It's not the battery draining. It has a full charge. Has anyone else had issues like this? I've never seen issues this severe on any PPC. She only syncs with one computer.

Any thoughts? :?:

Kevin C. Tofel
02-14-2003, 04:32 PM
That's really strange. Does it hard reset while charging in a cradle or does it happen outside of re-charging? I was thinking there is a short or something with the charger, but if it resets outside of charging, it has to be something else....

KCT

beckp
02-14-2003, 05:53 PM
I have down it 3 times with my e740, where I have accidentally moved the battery lock switch and not noticed. Effectively doing a hard reset. Of course you would know that because you would have to reset it for the PDA to work again.

Stake
02-14-2003, 06:56 PM
I thought about that but it can't be the reset switch. The switch is so recessed that you have to want to do a hard reset in order to do it.

This happens outside the craddle when it's not charging. I don't know at this point since it's the second unit.

I'm going to have to sit down with her and ask what she does with it. Who knows what can happen...

Thanks...Any more suggestions would be great.

hiroProtagonist
02-14-2003, 07:45 PM
I don't remember if the e330 has a removable battery, but if it does, there could be a poor connection between the batt. and the ppc. A small jolt or bump might be all it takes to break the connection long enough for a hard reset. For more info check out this BrightHand thread. (http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=26db03ec334608da305c6b982ed7c95b&threadid=71126&perpage=15&highlight=battery%20connection&pagenumber=3)

Good luck...josh

miterb
02-15-2003, 04:02 PM
I have an e740 and find I have to do a soft reset every couple of days. I even had to do this with my previous device, a Casio e-125. However, I found that occasionally I was getting a "hard" reset on my e740. the reset switch on the e740 has a dual use - depressing it with the device already on causes a "soft" reset. Holding down the Power On button while depressing the reset switch causes a "hard" reset. She might be doing the damage herself.
Brad

Vincent M Ferrari
02-15-2003, 05:13 PM
depressing it with the device already on causes a "soft" reset. Holding down the Power On button while depressing the reset switch causes a "hard" reset. She might be doing the damage herself.
Brad

Wow! 8O Glad you warned me about that! I had no idea!

If I had done that for some reason by accident, I'd be pretty cheesed off...