View Full Version : 5450 Cradle not recognized when plugged into USB

nikota
02-14-2003, 11:48 AM
I am having problems getting my H5450 to sync with my WinXP PC using the cradle and USB. The cradle does not get recognized and is listed as an Unknown Device in the Device Manager.

It used to work fine until earlier today when my ActiveSync connection would just quit after a short while. When I remove the device and placed it back in the cradle again I get the same message that the device is not recognized. On occasion, ActiveSync appears to start and then just hangs. ActiveSync using the serial port and IrDA is ok though. Tried connecting the cradle via USB to my laptop and it doesn't work either.

Has anyone else faced such a problem? Do I have a faulty cradle?

WyattEarp
02-14-2003, 02:38 PM
Try removing the "Unknown Device" from the Device Manager in WinXP reboot your PC and then Sync.

Kevin C. Tofel
02-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Are there any USB drivers that are required for the cable\cradle? If so, maybe they need to be reinstalled.....

KCT

nikota
02-14-2003, 03:46 PM
I have solved the problem. Seems the uninstallation/reinstallation of ActiveSync 3.6 doesn't work in getting the cradle recognized. Finally read somewhere that you had to install 3.5 then upgrade to 3.6 to get it to work. So I tried it and it now works perfectly.

Only thing missing is the problem of not being able to sync with my desktop as anything other than Guest through Ethernet.

Guess my USB Cradle drivers got screwed up earlier somehow.

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions! :D

rberry88
02-19-2003, 02:45 AM
This may sound wierd but the way I solved the 'Guest' problem with ActiveSync was I had plugged the USB cable from the cradle into a USB connection on PC that was on the front of the PC and when I switched it to a USB outlet on the back of the PC the problem went away and never came back. Don't know if something else happened at the same time but that is the only thing that I saw that made a difference.

rberry88