View Full Version : What bluetooth card do you use on your computer?

leethax
02-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Hi there, I have finally bought my H3970, very nice device indeed, but I have yet another question:

I am currently using bluetooth cf card by Billionton on my computer, but everytime i want to connect to my H3970 to sync, I have to manually click to connect the computer's serial port to the 3970. I wonder if this is standard for all bluetooth devices or are there any other brands of bluetooth cards which do not require this manual activation when u want to sync? I am willing to buy another bluetooth card just to avoid this manual hassle!

I hope some of you have a bluetooth card which doesnt need to be activated manually the same way as i do whenever u sync :(

Thanks a lot in advance

DannyLee312
02-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Dude!!!! I have the same cf card by billionton, but it does the strangest things, and im not even quite sure how to work the ports yet, i've got like only 80% of it to work right-and to this day i still can not perform a firmware update....any tips on that???? its nice to know that some one else has the same $65.00 bluetooth card as I do from moonlight technologies!! Cheers...

leethax
02-15-2003, 08:37 AM
i am thinking of dumping it for another one, its so erratical, but i just wanna ask if all bluetooth cards are the same, or just this one i got is weird

FredMurphy
02-15-2003, 11:39 AM
As with the rest of their products the Socket Bluetooth CF card is really good but more expensive than others. It allows you to ActiveSync straight from the today screen.

vincentsiaw
02-15-2003, 04:27 PM
My first bluetooth adapter is made by widcomm. it also do the strangest thing ever, sometimes i have to restart my comp in order to make it work! after sick of it, i decide to buy the microsoft bluetooth mause and keyboard, it's comes with the bluetooth adapter and it's allow you to add up to 5 bluetooth device.

now this one is good, it got error sometimes, but it's consider far better off than my previous bluetooth adapter. it sync my 3970 very well.

anyway, i try to pair the keyboard with the ipaq, the ipaq recognise the keyboard, but it just don't work hehehheh

portwerm
02-16-2003, 09:09 PM
i use the TDK USB adaptor... it works like a charm, not only with my iPaq 5450, but with my T68i, HBH-30 bluetooth headset - i also tested it with an ipaq 3870 and a SonyEricsson P800. Not a problem....

(****... shoulds like a tdk commercial...)

leethax
02-17-2003, 03:15 AM
so I guess all you guys can use your BT to sync directly from the 3970 itself? without having to click a few buttons on the computer beforehand? cos right now it really beats the purpose of having BT sync, since I have to be at the computer anyway

any suggestions on cf or pcmcia bt card? i am using a laptop... thanks a lot!

leethax
02-18-2003, 07:58 AM
After doing a few combinations of pairing and unpairing / partner and "de-partner" with my laptop, i finally did it (for some reason)! Now I can use sync with my laptop from the Today Screen! Not just once! But it syncs every single time i want to, here is what i finally did to make it all work (most of u guys might know how to do it already,

1) Create a partnership using the USB Cradle

2) Turn on the bluetooth on the 3970, create a bond with the PC

3) Go to My Bluetooth Places -> View available services -> jot down the com port number of the serial port service

4) Go to Connection Settings of ActiveSync on PC, check the allow serial connection box, and set the com port number to the number noted down above

5) Go to Bluetooth Manager of the 3970 ->Tools -> Settings for All Devices -> Connections Tab, check Let other devices connect to me, and choose any device (I used to set it to only bonded device)

6) I also unchecked all the authorization boxes (saves me the hassle everytime i connect)

7) Just tap Start ActiveSync from the Bluetooh Manager icon at the bottom of the screen

off u go...

I used to think that i have to go all the way into the Bluetooth manager and manually tap "connect to bluetooth serial port" before i start ActiveSync with my pc, but obviously this is not the case, a big "DOH" to me hehe.