View Full Version : Bluetooth requires soft reset for 2nd use!

obarnes
02-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Hi, when using Simple SMS (or any other Bluetooth app) with my T68i I have to do a soft reset to be able to sync or send SMS again! You can eliminate this by running Pocket Plugfree each time but that is more hassle than resetting! I have the latest ROM update (Plugfree 1.2) and my T68i works fine with other BT enabled Pocket PC's :-( Any suggestions? Thanks...

- Oliver.

Rok
02-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Have you tried connecting your mobile phone to COM port (I don't know about Loox, but iPAQ Bluetooth manager has an option to do that). This way your BT connection works as a virtual COM port 8 (which you select in SimpleSMS as your connection). Works for me...

Regards,
Rok

moaske
02-16-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm having the same problem here with my Loox with also latest ROM (1.52)... :(
I'm gonna check out tha com-port stuff and let y'all know :D

JvanEkris
02-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Hi Moaske,

Nice to see you here as well :)

Do you have Simple SMS working on the Loox ??

Jaap

moaske
02-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Ha die Jaap ! :D

No, i got this strange thing happening with SimpleSMS, that everytime i want to use the program it seems to have reset the com-port. So everytime i start it up i have to reset the com-port settings in the 'options' menu first. For the that makes it un-usable :evil:
Still have to figure out what caused it, but right now my first priority is to reload XP on my desktop and get the MSI BT adapter going with plugfree :D
Cheers, moaske (it's a small world after all Jaap... ;) )

JvanEkris
02-17-2003, 09:13 AM
It sure is :)

Jaap

obarnes
02-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Have you tried connecting your mobile phone to COM port (I don't know about Loox, but iPAQ Bluetooth manager has an option to do that). This way your BT connection works as a virtual COM port 8 (which you select in SimpleSMS as your connection). Works for me...

Regards,
Rok

Thanks for the reply - I tried setting up the com port [COM 6] on my LOOX and paired it with my T68i. This works fine (via COM 6) for the first time but then you have to soft reset before it will work again ;-( Thanks for trying...

- Oliver