View Full Version : Ipaq 5450 + T68i + HBH-30 + RunningVoice GSM

portwerm
02-13-2003, 11:01 AM
has anyone gotten this combo to work via bluetooth? Is it even possible?

I cant even get the rvgsm to talk to the t68. I heard somewhere that the 5450 was unsupported, but also read somewhere that it can be made to work (didnt say how, of course).

Can someone please clear this up for me?

bucho
02-13-2003, 11:30 PM
has anyone gotten this combo to work via bluetooth? Is it even possible?

I cant even get the rvgsm to talk to the t68. I heard somewhere that the 5450 was unsupported, but also read somewhere that it can be made to work (didnt say how, of course).

Can someone please clear this up for me?

The download page on pocketgear.com says RVGSM is not supported on 54XX... yet. I didn't even try it, but if you figure it out let me know. I tried the SMS Manager from Pocket Presence and couldn't even get that one to work over BT.

I have 5455+T68i+Jabra and the only app that has similar functionality of RVGSM and is supported is mPhone (www.mobem.com).. I'm running a trial version and it does support headsets in the dialer (like the Passive profile in RVGSM) and it works! It has contact sync which I don't use and SMS app, but it does not support sync, just download/upload of SMS messages.... Better then nothing, I guess.

portwerm
02-14-2003, 01:41 AM
yeah, after some experimentation i managed to get mPhone to play my game. yet any other app that ive tried hasnt worked. :(

Do you know if the iPaq is supposed to support GRPS connections via a bluetooth connection natively, or do i need 3rd party software for that as well?

bucho
02-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Do you know if the iPaq is supposed to support GRPS connections via a bluetooth connection natively, or do i need 3rd party software for that as well?

Yes. Assuming you have GPRS service by your cell phone provider and BT phone. I use AT&T and it's pretty simple to set it up. Just create a dial-up account using the BT modem and put "*9***1#" in the phone field.