View Full Version : Question about Blizzard games?

pez
02-13-2003, 05:41 AM
How come no one has attempted to make a pocket pc game of Starcraft or Warcraft II.. Im almost positive its very possible.. its just why havent they yet? I think it would be great if someone were to do this.. Is it because of Vivendi Universals dictatorship or what?

Sorry if this is a repost of something else.. and If this maybe in the wrong forum.. Please move it correctly or delete it if I am incorrect.

-Pez

Jason Dunn
02-13-2003, 08:18 AM
In order for a port to be "official", they'd have to license the game, which is probably very expensive. And as for why Blizzard hasn't released a Pocket PC game themselves, the market isn't big enough for them yet.

There are some great games that are in the RTS genre - look up Argentum for instance...very cool game!

Pony99CA
02-13-2003, 10:00 AM
In order for a port to be "official", they'd have to license the game, which is probably very expensive. And as for why Blizzard hasn't released a Pocket PC game themselves, the market isn't big enough for them yet.

Blizzard could commission another company to do it and take a cut of the revenue. That would mean no upfront licensing cost for the developer and no development expense for Blizzard.

Steve

P.S. Good to see you checking in, Jason. :-)

Buddha
02-13-2003, 10:11 AM
i think warcraft couldn't just be ported as is, I seem to remember the grafix are 640x480 (not sure though) which would result in some illegible stuff. (that's the great thing about alle the atari,amiga and early pc stuff: all those games have a native resolution of 320x240 or 320x200. perfect for the ppc.

(Argentum is indeed great!)