View Full Version : Calling Out Teen PDA Enthusiasts with Editorial Talent

Equilibrium
02-13-2003, 02:27 AM
POCKETLOFT (http://www.pocketloft.com) is looking for editors.

That's right, PocketLoft is looking for some editors to join our already well-established, informative team. I would like to start off by saying that PocketLoft is a great site, and you will be proud to be a part of it. We pride ourselves on bringing quality news and reviews to our readers. The best part is, the entire staff is comprised of teens.

So, we are looking for some new teen PDA enthusiasts to join this team. A sample PDA-related article is all that is required to get the ball rolling. Make sure to read the following first to understand what is expected of our staff members. There are a few different positions with openings:

Editor

• Editor is a high position that may lead to further opportunities.
• We ask our editors to write at least one (1) article of at least five (5) paragraphs or three (3) smaller news articles each week.
• We also ask our editors to prepare an original product review, feature article, or well-written opinion piece every two (2) to three (3) months.
• It is important to keep our discussion boards growing, so we ask editors to engage members in forum discussions, especially in the PDA-related forums.
• All editor's recieve their own PocketLoft email accounts.

Feature Editor

• Feature Editor is a special position for an editor who is great at writing features and opinion pieces.
• For the feature editor, news articles are optional. Although all news is appreciated, none is required for this position.
• What we do ask, however, is that our feature editor write at least one (1) to two (2) in depth features or opinion pieces each month.
• I have already mentioned that it is important to keep our discussion boards growing, but it bears repeating that we ask feature editors to engage members in forum discussions, especially in the PDA-related forums.
• All editor's recieve their own PocketLoft email accounts as well.

Contributing Editor

• Contributing Editor is a position for those who can only commit a smaller amount to the site.
• We ask our contributing editors to write at least one (1) small news article every few weeks.
• We also ask our contributing editors to submit (1) original product review, feature article, or well-written opinion piece every two (2) to (3) months.
• Once again, it is important to keep our discussion boards growing, so we ask also of our contributing editors that they help engage members in forum discussions, especially in the PDA-related forums.
• And of course, all contributing editors recieve their own PocketLoft email accounts too.

Please note that joining our staff in any capacity is voluntary. Becoming any kind of editor here is not a paying job, it is a great hobby for teen PDA enthusiasts. But keep in mind that we are fully aware that everyone has lives outside the bounds of the internet community, we are flexible about the aforementioned requirements if you are going on vacation or just need a break. Just be sure to let us know. We are pretty cool about that.

Whether it's Palm OS, Pocket PC, or any other handheld operating system, we have a passion for PDAs and have fun talking about them. We are anxious to have you become a part of our growing community.

Do not hesitate to contact any PocketLoft staff member via PM, email, AIM (PocketLoft1), or Y!Messenger (PocketLoft) for more details and to let us know if you are interested. Don't miss this great opportunity!

Equilibrium
02-19-2003, 02:36 AM
Don't be shy if you are interested. We are still hiring. :D

PPower
02-24-2003, 04:30 AM
I'm game

Pony99CA
02-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Don't be shy if you are interested. We are still hiring. :D
It looks like a nice site. In fact, I just added it to my Pocket PC News Links section (http://www.svpocketpc.com#NEWS).

I'd offer to help, but I'm well past my teens. :-D

Steve