View Full Version : Activesync and XP

usajack
02-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Hi.
Never had a problem with Activesync until trying to install it on XP. I launch the .exe and it runs through the process of loading files, but there is nothing in programs, start menu, desktop, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

PetiteFlower
02-13-2003, 01:40 AM
What version are you using? I haven't had any problems with it. You might want to check out Microsoft's page and dl a newer version.

Kevin C. Tofel
02-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Agreed.....I've been running XP with ActiveSync with no problems at both home and work for over 2 months. This will probably sound silly as a full reinstall should work, but does Microsoft ActiveSync show up in your Add/Remove Programs? If so, I would do an "uninstall", a reboot and a reinstall.

Another silly question: do you have various profiles in XP and\or are you loading with the profile that has "adminstrator" priviliges? It really shouldn't be an issue, but sometimes wacky PC behavior means wacky PC questions....

KCT

usajack
02-13-2003, 08:46 AM
Petite Flower & Kevin,

I have downloaded the newest version. I even tried to load an older version first thinking I could then install the newer one over the top of it...no luck. The old one acts the same way.

There is nothing in add/remove programs, so I'm pretty sure it's not getting installed. As I type this I'm thinking maybe I'll try disabling my Trend Micro virus in case it is keeping something from installing. Just weird, never have had any problems.....thanks for the posts.

TheBacklash
02-14-2003, 12:55 AM
First rule of installing any Software program. (it should be anyway)

Disable ANY and ALL Virus protection and/or pop-up blockers while you install.

Ad-Subtract for example, will not allow any installshield windows to "pop-up" by default. which would stop most installs... disable Ad-Subtract, the window pops up.

Saw this thread a few days ago and it never crossed my mind, until someone said Virus program.... :roll: