View Full Version : easiest way of syncing desktop favorites

etron
02-12-2003, 04:37 AM
I have over 500 bookmarks on my desktop (nicely categorized of course) that I would like on my pocket pc. I have seen a mobile favorites option, but not sure if this is what I want. Has anyone else done this before?

thanks

yschang
02-12-2003, 07:37 AM
just copy all the links to the mobile favourite folder and sync

voila!

etron
02-12-2003, 02:07 PM
lol, that would be the easy way, I want it automated so I don't have to worry that my favorites are in sync when I add a new one. I just thought of 2 ways of doing this in case someone else is interested, but was hoping there was a better way.

1) move the favorites folder into the my pocket pc documents (IE will automatically adjust the path in the registry when you move the folder, at least in XP it will)

2) use MS backup to make a copy of the dir in the ppc documents dir

I already did 1 so I could have my favorites stored on another partition in case my C drive has to be wiped out, so it's easy to do, I just didn't want to move them again since they are in a special directory that is automatically backed up.

yschang
02-13-2003, 06:16 PM
now I see what you mean... :lol:
I think way 1 is the appropriate one.
And I am going to do the same!!! :D

Kaber
02-15-2003, 01:28 AM
I tried using ActiveSync for my favorites, but like half dissapear every time I sync, or it copies a folder but not the links in it. I keep an up-to-date Mobile favorites folder copied to a seperate directory and just copy it over to the ipaq each time I sync. I hate active sync.

ctmagnus
04-12-2003, 07:36 AM
My last hard reset/restore/profile deletion/profile recreation, all the favorites got copied back to the device.

Miracles do happen!