View Full Version : Recommended Headset for 5455

jsanfordii
02-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Ok, I installed the withmp3 player, and realized that I don't have any decent headphones to put in my briefcase for when I travel.

Any recommendations? I'll be using this occasionally on planes to listen to some of my mp3's.

Also, do you guys mainly run your music on Windows Media Player, or am I going down the right path by installing an mp3 player software to do this?

Thanks,

James

SassKwatch
02-10-2003, 11:19 PM
I have a set of Koss earbuds that suit *my* needs well enough. YMMV, of course.

I do keep some music on a CF card for the iPAQ. But then it's mostly there for emergency boredom resolution.:) Just just never been a big 'mobile music' person, so I don't have a need for anything beyond what Windows Media Player can provide. Given that and the fact the best of these devices will likely never have really 'dope' audio quality, what music I do make available on the device is in .wma format.

Lano
02-11-2003, 11:11 PM
I have a set of the Sony MDR EX70LP ear buds and love them.

don dre
02-12-2003, 10:29 PM
there's another thread on headsets somewhere that recomends Sony. I use withMP3 and love it. I don't trust MS so I stick with mp3. Never know when they'll slip some DRM into the thick of things. mu ipaq is my portable radio using my wifi network.

MultiMatt
02-12-2003, 10:37 PM
if you do a lot of listening on a plane, you might consider shelling out some bucks for the Seinnheiser (spelling?) or Bose noise cancellation headphones.
A guy next to me on a plane had them connected to his iPAQ. He let me try them on my 3970, and compared to my $15 Sony headphones, the sound was unbelievable!
They are a "Fanklin Mint" and pretty bulky, but worth it, if you travel often...

Matt

adamsheridan
03-10-2003, 12:29 AM
For the IPAQ 5450/55 I'd recommend Bang and Olufsen earphones. A joy to wear and comfortable to have on for hours, even if active. Largely due to fully adjustible 3 way design. The black/silver design complements the Ipaq design nicely. Sound quality second to none. ...bit pricey though...

Janak Parekh
03-10-2003, 01:13 AM
I second the notion of noise-canceling headphones if you travel by air. The noise of the engine is reduced by about 75% and actually makes listening to music enjoyable.

--janak