View Full Version : Dell Rebate - Is the Dell packing slip the same as invoice?

looneytoone
02-09-2003, 05:25 PM
My Dell finally arrived and is wonderful. Now its time to get some money back. According to the redemption form, you must send the form and a packing slip. My very nondescript package from Dell (unlike my HP548 package) did not have a packing slip. The rep from Dell said that I could use my invoice and that they were the same thing. I would like to confirm from some of you that have gone through the process if this invoice will do the trick. I don't want any delays or controversy.

Thanks!

Jhokur2k
02-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Your packing slip should be in the lil clear plastic envelope stuck to the outside of the shipping box.

Sslixtis
02-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Just make sure it actually shows that you paid Dell for the PDA or you'll get a message like this-We have received your submission. We were unable to process your submission for the reasons indicated below.
The packing slip you submitted did not demonstrate purchase of the product required for the rebate.
You will receive a letter or postcard explaining this problem. The letter or postcard may have additional instructions on how to correct this problem.
:cry:

MPSmith
02-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Just make sure it actually shows that you paid Dell for the PDA or you'll get a message like this-

That stinks! How can the consumer control whether the price is printed on the packing slip?

:cry:

Sslixtis
02-09-2003, 09:32 PM
That stinks! How can the consumer control whether the price is printed on the packing slip?

That's what I said, so I had to send my Confirmation letter which showed I actually paid for the thing! :wink: