View Full Version : Pocket Real Player not seeing SD card?

rooks308
02-08-2003, 04:17 AM
Ok, I finally got RealOne player for pocket pc installed, and i try to pull up a file off of my sd card and it doesn't let me browse anywhere but main memory. That's crazy, tell me i just missed that. Help me please!!!, Oh and I don't mean help me like "Real SuCKS!!!" yes I know they do, but i have some video that is real format so I'm gonna need it to work. HELP!!!

rooks308
02-08-2003, 04:32 AM
wait, nevermind, impatience, damn my youth... LOL I just clicked the files from the card and the player loaded, now i just have no video(auido only).... well.... well see if I get that to work... LOL :lol:

rooks308
02-08-2003, 04:43 AM
Is it the SD card speed or what the video clips can't keep up with the audio on realplayer. I pause it for like 20 seconds and the video goes like 2 frames then freezes. Any Ideas, no other programs in the background, even tried a soft reset. Thought that this would be easier!?!?

Fishie
02-08-2003, 04:49 AM
WOW, you actually got SOME video out of realone for PPC?

I think from all the PPCT members you have had the best experience with that POS yet.

rooks308
02-08-2003, 05:00 AM
LOL not really video, more like a still shot LOL damn what a junk ass program, any way i can play real files on my pocket pc without real player, BTW how in the hell can they even release this player if it is so damn bad. Do they even test it?

Fishie
02-08-2003, 06:58 AM
Good question.

Oh BTW how do you play real files without realplayer then?

Pony99CA
02-08-2003, 02:42 PM
wait, nevermind, impatience, damn my youth... LOL I just clicked the files from the card and the player loaded, now i just have no video(auido only).... well.... well see if I get that to work... LOL :lol:
I have Real video files on my SD card, and they show up in the open dialog just fine.

You have to have the files in the My Documents folder on the card (or a sub-folder of My Documents) for the open dialog to see them.

Steve

Pony99CA
02-08-2003, 02:48 PM
WOW, you actually got SOME video out of realone for PPC?

I think from all the PPCT members you have had the best experience with that POS yet.
I got video out of it, too, but only if I download it. Too bad their stupid download sites haven't changed in months. :-(

Trying to stream video from their listed sites has never worked. The Real player shows "Connecting", then "Loading", then gives me an error saying "Response or data from server timed out". :-(

Steve

Pony99CA
02-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Oh BTW how do you play real files without realplayer then?

When rooks308 said:

LOL not really video, more like a still shot LOL damn what a junk ass program, any way i can play real files on my pocket pc without real player,

I think he meant "Is there any way I can play Real files on my Pocket PC without Real player?" I can see how you'd get the impression he could play them, though -- the lack of "Is" and a question mark made it seem like a statement.

<rant>
This is why punctuation and grammar are important on the Internet. :twisted:
</rant>

Steve