View Full Version : How to use compact flash memory

yerdy
02-07-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm new to this and am trying to load a 188 MB movie onto my Dell Axim (thru ActiveSync) that contains a 256 MB compact flash card. It stops and says "sorry, not enough memory". There should be plenty of memory. What might I be doing wrong? Is there a way to tell the file to go to the compact flash card?

Thanks

lmtuxinc
02-07-2003, 11:27 PM
Get a USB CF Card Reader and transfer it that way. Its much faster and you dont have to go through activesync.

http://ic.pricegrabber.com/product_images/634000-634999/634674_125.jpg
http://pocketpcthoughts.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=634674/ut=44216d38f1033ffa

yerdy
02-08-2003, 12:50 AM
It's on order. Actually I finally was able to download the movie. Thanks for your suggestions and help!

yerdy

Kati Compton
02-08-2003, 12:53 AM
I'm new to this and am trying to load a 188 MB movie onto my Dell Axim (thru ActiveSync) that contains a 256 MB compact flash card. It stops and says "sorry, not enough memory". There should be plenty of memory. What might I be doing wrong? Is there a way to tell the file to go to the compact flash card?

Two things that I could see being an issue here.

1. Are you for sure copying it to the CF card? So when you "Explore" your Axim, you have to select "My Device" to go to the root of your device, and then select CF Card. Remember that Explore by default starts in My Documents, which is in RAM.

2. Go to Settings > Memory (probably under the System heading). There should be a tab for storage card, at which point you should be able to select CF card. This will tell you how much actual room is on your CF card. Remember that the file size being reported is calculated differently than the 256 was calculated for your card. If there's nothing else at all on your card you should be safe on this one, though. (marketing departments count 1K = 1000 bytes, computers count 1K = 1024 bytes, which really adds up when you get to the meg/gig level)