View Full Version : New Thumb-keyboard coming soon

Buddha
02-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Fancy a new thumb-keyboard? There's a new one coming out this month, from HP apparently, for the iPAQ H5400, H3900 and H3800 Series.

You can find a picture of it on Dave's IPAQ: here (http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/davesipaq/product.asp?pdept%5Fid=900025&cat%5Fid=501&cat%5Fname=iPAQ&pf%5Fid=MP965304&dept%5Fid=3715&listing=1)

bdegroodt
02-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Finally, something that looks half way decent for the iPaq. Is it my ignorance, or is that a Silver Slider strapped onto the back of the pictured iPaq?

jet8810
02-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Nope...that would be a Silver Slider for sure!

This thumb keyboard does look very nice! I wonder how much length and thickness it adds to the Ipaq though. Since it covers the buttons, it cannot be all that much, right? That was my major gripe with the e740 thumb keyboard, it was HUGE! I ended up selling it and learning Fitaly :).

bdegroodt
02-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Hmmm...On second thought, I wonder if it's a screen cover that looks like the Silver Slider. From the description:

iPAQ Micro Keyboard with Cover

This remarkably small and lightweight keyboard fits seamlessly and securely to your iPAQ Pocket PC with or without an Expansion Pack attached. Redesigned to include screen cover and for better ergonomics for optimized messaging!

If that's a cover, that's pretty cool. I would have to wonder how they can get a cover that fits with or without an Expansion pack attached. I also see it's listed as an HP product- : :D

Buddha
02-09-2003, 05:05 AM
I would like more info on this keyboard aswell but I haven't found any other pictures of it. I've glanced at the HP site but didn't find anything there either. I think the part that looks like a silver slider is part of the keyboard, I really would like to see how this thing works with the screen cover and all.

Maybe my prayers for a keyboard that look more 'part of the ipaq' (like with the jornada) have been answered.