View Full Version : How do I remove the date and time from the top of my today screen?

Pat Logsdon
02-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Ok, I realize that this is a really stupid question, :oops: but I can't find the answer anywhere else, and it's really annoying me that I have the date and time three times on my Today screen: Once in the top bar (using Wisbar via PocketBlinds), once at the very top of the Today screen, and once above my appointments for the day (Dashboard).

The one I'd like to get rid of is the 2nd one, at the top of the today screen (not in the top bar or above appointments). It just seems like a big waste of space...

Anyone know how to do this? :lol:

Sslixtis
02-07-2003, 06:13 PM
No problem.

Simply go to Start > Settings > Today > Items, this gives you a list of items appearing on your Today screen, just uncheck any that you wish to remove. :wink:

Cheers!

Pat Logsdon
02-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Simply go to Start > Settings > Today > Items, this gives you a list of items appearing on your Today screen, just uncheck any that you wish to remove. :wink:
Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately, I've already tried that :( - the only thing I have checked there is "Dashboard", and there's nothing that I can find in Dashboard to uncheck...

So just to clarify, unchecking "Date" removes "Friday, Febrary 07, 2003" from the very top of your today screen? If so, it looks like it's a Dashboard problem.

Anyone else with Dashboard have the same issue?

Kati Compton
02-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Select Dashboard, and click the "Options" buttons. I would expect there to be that option there... (although I've never used Dashboard). If not, it may be a question of the particular skin designer including the date and time.

shawnc
02-07-2003, 09:36 PM
I have used Dashboard in the past and Kati's suggestion should work. Post back if it doesn't.

Just to reiterate. Go to Start > Settings > Today > Items. Select Dashboard > Options. This should get you what you're looking for.

Pat Logsdon
02-07-2003, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the reply, Shawn! I got very excited when I read your post, because I hadn't thought of that, but unfortunately, the "Options" button is still greyed out - I can only "Move Down". Maybe I'll take a look at the Dashboard file in SkinMe and see if it's an option that's set there...

Pretty sad - I can figure out how to use Pocket Hack Master (http://www.pockethackmaster.com), but something like this throws me for a loop. :roll:

Dawson
02-08-2003, 03:26 AM
Find the .dsh file for the skin you are wanting to remove the date from. Open that file in a text editor (Notepad). Find the line that looks something like this:

Date = 8,25,240,42 Center Tahoma,10, B 57,85,160

Change to this:

Date = 0,0,0,0 Center Tahoma,10,B 57,85,160

Make a backup of your file just in case you want to change it back.

Go here for more information:
http://www.snoopsoft.com/skins/creating.html

Steven Cedrone
02-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Ok, I realize that this is a really stupid question, :oops: but I can't find the answer anywhere else, and it's really annoying me that I have the date and time three times on my Today screen: Once in the top bar (using Wisbar via PocketBlinds), once at the very top of the Today screen, and once above my appointments for the day (Dashboard).

The one I'd like to get rid of is the 2nd one, at the top of the today screen (not in the top bar or above appointments). It just seems like a big waste of space...

Anyone know how to do this? :lol:

Would it be possible for you to give us a screen shot???

Steve

Pat Logsdon
02-08-2003, 06:59 AM
Actually, I just fixed it. I used SkinMe to reset the Date values to 0, as Dawson suggested.

Thanks!