View Full Version : Several Questions (Wifi or lots of storage)

brian728s
02-07-2003, 04:10 PM
At first I wanted to get the 300 mhz axim, 128 mb sd card, and cf II wifi card. After reading about how primitive PIE is, and thinking about how I would not be connected to wifi when I would want to use it most, I am considering getting a whole lot of storage (for me) (256 mb cf card for multimedia, programs, and 32 mb card from my visor for main memory backup).

Either way... I wish I hadn't spent so much on visor deluxe accessories

Janak Parekh
02-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Primitive or not, IE with WiFi is a very useful tool, and much faster than dial-up. I'm glad I have it, although admittedly I use Thunderhawk a lot too. :)

Mind you, you could get a CF memory and a CF WLAN and just swap the two... or get one of the 256MB SD specials posted a couple of days ago on this site.

--janak

PapaSmurfDan
02-08-2003, 01:23 AM
The Axim is very nice becuase of the dual slots. Go with a CF WiFi card and a 256mb SD card. Forget PIE as a browser, use NetFront or Thunderhawk.

-Dan

Buddha
02-08-2003, 02:58 AM
If you're on a budget, just buy a large SD card (256MB/512MB)

Due to the fact that the Axim has both SD & CF slots, after a while should you reaaaally feel that you can't live without WiFi you can always buy the CF-Wifi card. Since from you're post I understand this is your first PPC, I suggest you first see weither you find it acceptable to surf on such a small screen and really need Wifi, before you end up (like with your Visor) with a lot of unnecessary accessories.

I mean, buying a wifi card to order a gift online once a year is not really necessary now is it? :)
Don't get me wrong, Wifi is GREAT but you'll get the most out of it near your own base-station at home or at work. (or Starbucks :twisted: ) Not that 'mobile' (YET) for intensive mobile usage, now is it?

Now, of course there's always the W?BIC (why? because I can) argument which is a good one hehe
But when your on a budget its W?BIC (why? because I CAN'T) :wink: