View Full Version : Inbox Attachment folder

Bob S
02-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Help

I did a hard reset and my Inbox Attachment folder disappeared. I cant fint it.

There used to be a little app that fixed this and recreated the folder. I have searched but come up blank.

Does anyone know where the app is?

Thanks

Bob

smittyofdhs
02-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Help

I did a hard reset and my Inbox Attachment folder disappeared. I cant fint it.

There used to be a little app that fixed this and recreated the folder. I have searched but come up blank.

Does anyone know where the app is?

Thanks

Bob

if you did a hard reset then the folder is going to be gone because you just set everything back to factory default. The folder recreates when you have an attachment in an email (or after you check for email the first time, I think).

Bob S
02-06-2003, 08:54 PM
That's what I thought, but its not there. Although the attachments are going somewhere.

Still looking for them.

I want to find the folder so I can move it to my SD card on my dell

smittyofdhs
02-06-2003, 09:05 PM
That's what I thought, but its not there. Although the attachments are going somewhere.

Still looking for them.

you know you don't have to physically move the file. Go into option for inbox and on the last tab there's the option to move attachments to SD card. Just use that, and the file will magically appear on the SD card

TheBacklash
02-07-2003, 02:55 AM

Still looking for them.

you know you don't have to physically move the file. Go into option for inbox and on the last tab there's the option to move attachments to SD card. Just use that, and the file will magically appear on the SD card

Ahh but your wrong.... I'll explain.

Dell along with other PPC's with dual memory card slots have this little problem of actualy seeing the SD card as a SD card slot... When you select the SD card, it puts the Files on the Built in memory instead of the SD card. no matter what you do it just putsit on the Built in storage.

What he is talking about is the only workaround that we know of right now... we move the folder manualy. :roll:

( If I had the time to search, I would post the threads here, and on Dell's support forum about the problem.) BTW: it's not a Dell problem, It's an OS problem. seeing the Built in memory incorrectly.