View Full Version : Dell Axim $224/314

bdegroodt
02-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Don't know when this deal started, but I've been watching the Axim prices for a buddy and saw that they are down to 224/314 today.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/products/series_pda_snp.htm

Pony99CA
02-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Don't know when this deal started, but I've been watching the Axim prices for a buddy and saw that they are down to 224/314 today.

I didn't see any rebate information, though. Did I miss it? If not, the price is actually worse than the $199 and $299 with the rebates.

Steve

bdegroodt
02-06-2003, 11:27 PM

I didn't see any rebate information, though. Did I miss it? If not, the price is actually worse than the $199 and $299 with the rebates.

Steve

Yeah there are no rebates listed on Dell's site any longer. I think the rebates stopped on Jan 19th ( http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/topics/segtopic_mail_in_rebate_wk3.htm ) the day before my buddy decided he wanted the Axim. If I'm wrong, I'd be very appreciative for any information leading to a current $50 rebate.

PetiteFlower
02-06-2003, 11:30 PM
My guess is that the rebates were just an introductory offer to get the buzz started, I don't think it's ever going to come back.

So no, these prices aren't as low, but A) You don't have to wait for the rebate--at least 30 days so they know you're not going to return it for a refund after getting the rebate--and B) they're still better then the full price!

Man, people are never satisfied!

Kati Compton
02-06-2003, 11:35 PM
So no, these prices aren't as low, but A) You don't have to wait for the rebate--at least 30 days so they know you're not going to return it for a refund after getting the rebate--and B) they're still better then the full price!

Quite a bit more than 30 days. I sent mine in at the very beginning of December, and still don't have it (though it's been approved).

bdegroodt
02-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Anyone think the price drop is a) in response to Palm's price drop earlier this week or, b) because the X3/X7 is on its way?

GoldKey
02-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Quite a bit more than 30 days. I sent mine in at the very beginning of December, and still don't have it (though it's been approved).

Same here, sent mine in on 12/5 and am still getting this message on the site "We have received and processed your submission. You should receive your rebate or premium item soon. Please check back again to receive the date your rebate or premium item was mailed."

Kati42 - Is that what you are getting, or do you have a mail date?

PetiteFlower
02-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Clarification--they won't even start PROCESSING it until 30 days have passed. It will probably be at least another 30 after that until you get it. The site says to expect 8 to 10 weeks.

It's not 10 weeks for you guys but the site says to call 1-877-776-6910 if you haven't received it after 10 weeks.

Kati Compton
02-07-2003, 12:47 AM
...am still getting this message on the site "We have received and processed your submission. You should receive your rebate or premium item soon. Please check back again to receive the date your rebate or premium item was mailed."

Kati42 - Is that what you are getting, or do you have a mail date?

That's what I'm getting. You can call me Kati. The 42 is to distinguish myself from all the other Katie's that had to distinguish themselves by dropping their 'e's..... ;)

GoldKey
02-07-2003, 02:12 AM
That's what I'm getting. You can call me Kati. The 42 is to distinguish myself from all the other Katie's that had to distinguish themselves by dropping their 'e's..... ;)

OK Kati, actually I am more visual (like most guy's) so I associate most of the regular posters by their avatar rather than user name, so I always think of you as a cracked egg :wink:

Kati Compton
02-07-2003, 02:27 AM
OK Kati, actually I am more visual (like most guy's) so I associate most of the regular posters by their avatar rather than user name, so I always think of you as a cracked egg :wink:

And you are a cyborg with a laser pointer on your head that gives no mercy.... Do you work in a cube? :P

GoldKey
02-07-2003, 03:12 AM
I worked in a cube for 7 years. Then I got an office with a window! :lol:

TheBacklash
02-07-2003, 03:17 AM

Steve

Found this in the Dell forum, might help to explain the price.

Dell Discount (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8381)

One day deal 2-6-2003, ends 11pm CST..... Hurry

Pony99CA
02-07-2003, 07:39 AM
Anyone think the price drop is a) in response to Palm's price drop earlier this week or, b) because the X3/X7 is on its way?
Neither. I remember reading where a Dell spokescritter said that the rebates might go away for a while, but the goal was to have the list prices as $199 and $299 eventually.

Steve

PetiteFlower
02-07-2003, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't expect a new product so soon after this one came out...I mean I know the market's evolving and all, but Dell is just dipping its toes in, I wouldn't think it was ready to expand the line just yet.

Pony99CA
02-07-2003, 08:45 PM

And you are a cyborg with a laser pointer on your head that gives no mercy.... Do you work in a cube? :P
:lol:

I'm surprised that you didn't point out that your avatar is a CAT. :razzing:

Steve

Kati Compton
02-07-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm surprised that you didn't point out that your avatar is a CAT. :razzing:

A number of people prefer to think of me as the cracked egg. I guess that's the difference between how I think of myself and how those around me think of me. ;)