View Full Version : Help with Activesync!

Fzara
02-06-2003, 04:55 PM
1. It seems like the contacts/calendar links dont work, and they cant be found. I tired re-mapping, but they cant be found anywhere. I tried hard-resetting, but then my handheld comes up as a guest. Is there any way I can have the handheld sync to the desktop, with the previous Partnership?

2. Any way I can remove duplicate tasks, contacts, and appointments?

Thanks

WillyG
02-06-2003, 05:38 PM
I can help you with the second part (removing duplicates)

There is a tool with the catchy name "duplicates remover version 4.0 for microsoft outlook" ;) that can assist you with this. You will find it here: http://www.hlyspirit.org.uk/outlook.php

Fzara
02-06-2003, 06:47 PM
I fixed problem 1. All I did was I synced with Guest, added all the programs, and then created a new partnership. I then deleted the old partnership, but kept the sync folder, and then had everything from outlook sync to my new partnership. After 15 minutes of restoring a lot of settings, I got the device back to where it should be.

Thanks for the duplicate remover, i'm trying it right now, and it seems to work ;). Although I really do question why its so enforced with religion, heh.

Thanks again

Pony99CA
02-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Although I really do question why its so enforced with religion, heh.

Ummm, because the author is an Anglican priest (as his Web site mentions). :angel:

Steve

Fzara
02-07-2003, 12:27 AM

Ummm, because the author is an Anglican priest (as his Web site mentions). :angel:

Steve

Bah. So hes a priest. Big deal. Why enforce/distribute it with the software?

Btw: it worked. THanks ;)

Pony99CA
02-07-2003, 06:17 AM

Because he's the author and gets to distribute it as he sees fit. I don't see what the big deal is. Would you rather pay $9.95 for it without the religion?

Steve

TheBacklash
02-07-2003, 06:47 AM

Steve

Btw: it worked. THanks ;)

Because he can.

Why do some computer games contain lewd conduct? because they can.

Why do not like the Religous comments in his software? because you can.

You don't like it? don't use his software, bound to be another program that does the same thing. Simple as that. (but you may pay for it, instead of get it free....)