View Full Version : Loose Stylus on e740

PHactotum
02-06-2003, 02:04 AM
The stylus that came with my e740 will no longer stay in the PPC. If I put it in there and turn it over, out it falls. I've lost the stylus 3 times so far. :( Luckily I've been able to retrace my steps and find it on the floor. :)

Anyone looked at the inside of the e740 to see if there is a catch or something that can be repaired? The stylus does have an indentation down towards the tip.

fyiguy
02-06-2003, 02:38 AM
You could put a drop of glue on the side of the part near the top and sand it down so it fits snug or find a replacement stylus and try that...

dean_shan
02-06-2003, 06:05 AM
I had the same problem. I almost lost it in the cinema when was waiting for Two Towers to start. I ended losing it and searched for it durring the credits. :oops:

ledpocket
02-06-2003, 06:16 PM
There is a very flimsy post that is made of plastic down inside that hole. It makes contact with the groove in the stylus to hold it in place. Mine broke and I used a bit of tape at the top of the stylus to create some friction. That ended up cracking the top plastic piece of the e740. It cracked from the stylus hole to the CF slot (but did not affect the functionality at all)

What I ended up doing was taking the unit apart (for other reasons) but while I was in there I used some 5 minute epoxy to narrow down the stylus recepticle and provide friction to hold it in there.

I guess the lesson is, if your stylus stays in good, be gentle and it may last a little longer. My bet is, that everyone will eventually break it, because it is just a little "stick" of plastic down there.