View Full Version : Rogers AT&T Wireless and Microsoft Mobilize businesses in Canada

Jason Dunn
02-05-2003, 05:17 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.newswire.ca/releases/February2003/05/c6944.html' target='_blank'>http://www.newswire.ca/releases/Feb...3/05/c6944.html</a><br /><br /></div>"Rogers AT&T Wireless and Microsoft Canada today announced an innovative strategic agreement under which the two companies will work together to provide businesses in Canada with an exciting, new wireless extension to their desktop PC, providing them with complete mobile access to the full suite of Microsoft Office applications. Under the terms of the agreement, the two companies will jointly provide and promote revolutionary wireless offerings to the business market using Microsoft's Pocket PC Phone Edition and Smartphone 2002 operating systems on the Rogers AT&T Wireless GSM/GPRS network - Canada's largest, integrated<br />digital voice and data wireless network.<br /><br />"Microsoft Canada is committed to creating solutions that improve the way<br />people live, work and communicate. Our Pocket PC Phone Edition and Smartphone platforms deliver on that commitment - redefining what people can expect from a wireless device, offering voice, e-mail, wireless web access, MSN(R) Messenger or Short Message Service (SMS) all on a personalized wireless device," said Frank Clegg, President, Microsoft Canada. "The size and scope of the Rogers AT&T Wireless' GSM/GPRS network makes Rogers AT&T Wireless a natural partner for Microsoft Canada to offer these revolutionary products in Canada."<br /><br />Wow! :D Us lucky Canadians are going to get a Phone Edition device and a Smartphone device - cool! I imagine this will be a GPRS XDA like everyone else has, but I wonder what the Smartphone device will be? Something like the Orange SPV? Or something different? This is exciting! :lol:

Noel
02-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Great NEWS!
Please wake me when the CDMA arrives... :wink:

Noel

Paragon
02-05-2003, 08:30 PM
It's the Siemens SX56 and the Smartphone is something different. :-)

Dave

rubberdemon
02-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Man, I've been waiting for Telus to announce something like this as I'm on a contract with them, but they seem to be dinosaurs - they just announced the crappy old Audiovox Thera - for $1000 or so. I guess the shortage of CDMA PPCPE devices is part of the problem...

Well, as cool as this is, I'll probably keep waiting. No way to get a data only plan with Rogers (unlike Fido), and I assume the XDA will be locked...