View Full Version : e330 - Activesync on 2 PC's at once?

Vincent M Ferrari
02-05-2003, 03:31 PM
I got my Toshiba E330 a couple of days ago, and ordered a sync cable to use with my desktop PC at work. My question is:

Is there anything I should know about setting my PPC to sync on two PC's? I want to be able to manage my contacts on both computers. Is it going to be a problem to partner the handheld with two different PC's?

Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

pjtrader
02-05-2003, 04:04 PM
I partner my Casio EM500 with my work and home PCs with no trouble whatsoever. The only thing to remember is that the files you synch (Outlook) will ask you if you want to combine the events on the computer with the ones in the PPC. Since my goal is to have my office calendar at home, I answer yes and maintain visibility. Good luck.

Vincent M Ferrari
02-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Is that an automatic option, or something that must be set each time I sync?

Thanks for such a quick response, also...

spursdude
02-06-2003, 12:55 AM
In case you don't know, Outlook won't let you sync e-mail if you sync with two different computers. Don't know if that affects you or not....

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
02-06-2003, 02:44 AM
If your device gets hard reset, restore data from the computer you syncronized with most recently. Then, delete the synchronized files off the other computer. Finally reestablish your second partnership. Otherwise, you might get duplicate items, which gets messy :3.