View Full Version : Does "TV Remote Controller" works on the AXIM?

hdsalinas
02-05-2003, 07:19 AM
I have an ipaq 3650 that I am planning to replace with the 400mhz axim and I was just wondering,,,, does the program "TV remote control" (by pdawin) works on the Axim?

One more questions, where can I find Hi res pictures of the axim? I have only seen the same ones all over the pda sites.

Thanks

Hector David Salinas
San Pedro Sula, Honduras

Hessakia
02-05-2003, 07:25 AM
if it works on your Ipaq, it will work on your Axim

etalianstallion
02-05-2003, 09:49 AM
Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but here is another thread on the Total Remote w/ the Dell Axim...

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6881

FYI, the IR on the Axim is NOT consumer grade, meaning that the transmission distance is greatly limited and would not really serve the purpose of a remote control for your home entertainment system or other electronics.

Rirath
02-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Well, that's their opinion of it anyhow. Some people report getting a good 6 foot range. As with most everything else, the simplist answer is to download the trial and find out for yourself.

Andy Whiteford
02-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Remote Control from PDAWin does work on the Axim and coverage is quite good, I can get between 6 and 8 feet on average but it depends on the lighting, angle etc.
Closer than this is usually much more successful.

Total Remote will not work on the Axim due it requiring a full frequency audio range, something the Axim and Casio E200 do not have.