View Full Version : can anyone recommend a good case for an Ipaq 3800 + Nexipack Dual CF and Battery Pack sleeve

Sanjay Srikonda
02-04-2003, 01:59 AM
Hi,

I have an ipaq 3850 and I just purchased an Nexipack Dual CF plus extra battery sleeve. Problem is I can't seem to find a case that will accomodate this.

Nexipack suggested that I look at the generic targus cases, but I was hoping for something as good as my previous Piel Frama case.

I've checked Vaja but they don't seem to have one for this combination.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks,

sanjay

carlab
02-04-2003, 02:52 AM
I am currently looking at the expandable case from Compaq. You can go to this site to see it -- http://ap.compaq.com.sg/products/handhelds/accessories/cases.asp
sorry I don't know how to put site in so you only have to click on it. Could anyone take time to explain to this computer novice how to do this?
Anyway I have searched several sites for a leather/rugged case with no luck. Thanks :)

Janak Parekh
02-04-2003, 03:00 AM
The expandable case would definitely do it, but it's not play-through. Sanjay, I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or not. Unfortunately, the NexiPak is not the top-selling sleeve, so cases for it are rare. Have you tried measuring it and seeing if a standard PC sleeve case would work? Maybe one of the E&B cases (such as this one (http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok/d8c8e03cf32687581613?&category=Compaq+IPAQ+3800%2F3900+Series&start=1&total=20&no=202)) that are stretchable?

--janak

carlab
02-04-2003, 03:18 AM
Sanjay I don't think the ebcase will work..states will not fit pc plus or if greater than 1.5"thick. The dual cf plus is 1.6" (I really feel dumb, saw that the link I put in previously was point and click :? )

Janak Parekh
02-04-2003, 03:31 AM
Hmm. Well, E&B does have a wide variety of cases, including a bigger PC case, plus the dual case, which would certainly fit. :)

The expandable case is certainly a workable and reliable choice. It's not going to be Vaja-quality, though.

--janak

Sanjay Srikonda
02-04-2003, 04:04 AM
you know, I was actually thinking of taking a dremel to the compaq expandable case. I have one and I was looking at it with the dual sleeve on the ipaq, fits fine, a bit snug, but fine.

I was looking at it, thinking, just cut a hole at the bottom big enough for a sync/charge cable, cut a hole at the top to let me keep my CF wireless card in the sleeve, and see what I can do with the front.

yeah, I know, why don't they just make bigger cases?

I've wondered that myself.

I own a Piel Frama case for my SS2 slider and it's absolutely the best case, better than any Vaja case I've used, and i have to say, i wish they would make one for the dual cf sleeve.[/i]