View Full Version : JabberCE Uninstall?

pepemosca
02-04-2003, 01:58 AM
I have installed JabberCE Basic v1.03e for all Pocket PC2002 on my iPAQ h5450, and now i want to uninstall it... but i can't.

I go to "Remove Programs", hit on "mov JabberCE" then on Remove.... but only the name on that list (Remove Programs) is deleted.

The program still installed and still working

PLEASE HELP!!!

Janak Parekh
02-04-2003, 04:05 AM
I can't help you precisely since I've never used it, but (a) try looking at the files that were installed using your desktop, and deleting them manually via File Explorer; or (b) see if JabberCE has support forums somewhere; if so, someone else may have encountered the problem.

--janak

pepemosca
02-04-2003, 04:12 AM
The thing is that this program doesn't use a regular folder for installation.

But i've just contact the guys at mov Software (the creators of this program) and they answer me:

You may need to reset your device before uninstalling. Alternatively you can just delete \Windows\Start Menu\jabberce.exe

So, i finish doing the "Alternative" way :(

BTW, thanks Janak for answering.

pepemosca
02-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Stephen Pendleton of mov Software just wrote be again and told me:

You can also delete aimtr.dll, jabbertr.dll, icqtr.dll, yahootr.dll, quickphrase.xml, movsoftware.bmp out of the \WINDOWS directory.
Also delete the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE\Software\mov Software\JabberCE registry key.
Then it will be clean.

So that's what i've done!

Thanks Stephen

dammad
02-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Any Luck with JabberCE?

Been missing Yahoo Messenger - actually used it for work - was disappointed when it went away. MSN is fine, but the majority of my contacts are on Yahoo.

Does Jabber work with Yahoo lists?

pepemosca
02-07-2003, 02:07 AM
Any Luck with JabberCE?

Been missing Yahoo Messenger - actually used it for work - was disappointed when it went away. MSN is fine, but the majority of my contacts are on Yahoo.

Does Jabber work with Yahoo lists?

Yes, it support Yahoo! Messanger, i'm not sure if you will be able to see the list of contacts ... but you can add them

Sorry for the short information, but i don't use much Y!.