View Full Version : Ipaq GPS

yada88
02-02-2003, 08:09 AM
I have an Ipaq 3970 and am getting my first car in a few weeks (hopefully). I have a terrible sense of direction, so I need a GPS receiver for my PPC. I want something that is good, not frustrating, and that can give voice queues. Anyone used anything that they particularly liked? And no, i don't want to spend close to 400$ for a bluetooth GPS receiver.

Pony99CA
02-02-2003, 02:10 PM
I have an Ipaq 3970 and am getting my first car in a few weeks (hopefully). I have a terrible sense of direction, so I need a GPS receiver for my PPC. I want something that is good, not frustrating, and that can give voice queues. Anyone used anything that they particularly liked? And no, i don't want to spend close to 400$ for a bluetooth GPS receiver.
I like my TravRoute Pocket CoPilot (http://www.travroute.com/products/gps/pocketcp3/newjacket.html). I have the NavMan, not the newest sleeve (shown in the link I gave you), but it works pretty well. They aren't perfect, especially if the maps where you live and drive are out of date, and TravRoute's customer service often sucks, but I just used mine yesterday and it was great.

Steve

Brianflys
02-03-2003, 04:00 AM
Get your BT GPS from Palm.com. It comes bundled with Mapopolis. Best mapping program for the money.

And at $349, the bundle is closer to $300 than $400...