View Full Version : Cases question for 5450

rooks308
02-02-2003, 02:31 AM
I want to order a nice case for my Ipaq 5450 but I want to know if anybody has had any issues with the case covering the fingerprint ID reader. I don't want to cover up that part of the device. So anybody have a Pielframa, or rhinoskin etc... and would like to comment.

I looked at the Vaja's but lets get real $129.99 for the case!!! come on.. I saw thier $75 ones as well which isn't "as bad" but its still abismal. I like the design but good lord that's almost as much as an Axim LOL :lol:

Chris Hendriks
02-02-2003, 03:17 AM
try:

http://www.ebags.com/index.cfm?HomeLink=Tag

http://www.freecases.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?

http://www.casesonline.com/configurator.php?continueshop=yes

cheers
Chris

BGinWA
02-02-2003, 08:43 AM
I have the rhinoskin and am not happy with it at all. If you plan to use the fingerprint scanner don't buy a case that goes across the base. I have to slid the unit up to use it. Also, the case is so loose it has almost fell a couple of times. I bought it as a temporary case until Vaja came out with thier classic version case for the 5400 series. I have had several Vaja cases for my other PPC's, and even though they are pricey I will always go back. They are without a doubt the best cases I have seen. They always fit very well and are first class all the way. And you have to ask yourself one question, "I spent all this money to get the top of the line PPC, am I now going to skimp on the case?"

bigkingfun
02-02-2003, 10:30 AM
I have to agree with BGinWA about the Vaja cases. I used to think their prices were crazy, but when I got my e740 I figured since I had a high-end unit, the least I could do is protect it with a good case. I ordered the Vaja and I was extremely happy with it. The fit and finish was amazing. After using it, I think they are worth every penny. I'm just waiting for the classic style to order one for my 5450 now.

rooks308
02-02-2003, 02:40 PM
So do the Vaja cases work ok with the fingerprint reader, or are they the same. If it comes down to it I will spend the money to get a vaja if it accomodates the fingerprint reader. I also like the look of pielframa cases. Anybody know if they accomodate the fingerprint ID reader? Don't get me wrong I do agree that A high end PDA should be well protected but I just cringe at the thought of a case so expensive... oh well I guess that's the price you pay.....

BGinWA
02-02-2003, 07:24 PM
The Vaja Cases always allow access to the devices controls. And they are always well made so things line up where they are supposed too. There is nothing I hate more then buying a case for a particular device and have the holes not line up! I have read some good reviews about the pielframa, but I have a personal preference for snap closure as opposed to magnetic. I ordered my preorder Vaja Case the day they were posted and am now counting the days! by the way, did you notice the new Vaja cases are syncable in the cradle in the case!

jsanfordii
02-03-2003, 01:59 PM
by the way, did you notice the new Vaja cases are syncable in the cradle in the case!

DOOOOH! and 'whoosh'. That's the sound of the money for this case being sucked out of my wallet. So much for formula for the baby this month...