View Full Version : Login/Logout Strangeness

Jason Dunn
02-01-2003, 07:21 AM
If you're having problems with this site asking you to log in repeatedly, I'm having the same problem. We're looking into the cause. Or, rather, Fabrizio the guy who is much, much smarter than me is looking into it. I'm just sitting here like a dumb ape with a tool he doesn't understand how to use. :lol:

Janak Parekh
02-01-2003, 07:25 AM
Hmm. No problems for me, on Mozilla or IE. But I'm sure the great Fabrizio will figure it all out. :)

In the meantime, I'm sitting here trying to picture a person that's the meld of Wolverine, Jason and an ape. 8O ;)

--janak

Rirath
02-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Has happened many times to me. Quickest fix is to simply delete the cookie, but it is annoying none the less. Using IE with Crazy Browser.

Bob Anderson
02-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Cool. I thought something strange was going on with my system, I didn't even think it was something going on with PPC Thoughts! :?

I can't wait 'till it gets fixed; I'm tired of typing in my name and password everytime, but then again, I'll do anything to keep up on PPC news! :D

pocketpcdude1024
02-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I've had the same problem a few times. I'm glad to see that this is confirmed as a problem and a cure is being researched! :D

heov
02-01-2003, 03:28 PM
happens to me evertime... if i restart or close the browser for a while or such, it will forget me and i have to login again...

it works fine w/ other phpBB boards and vBulliten and i've cleared my cache... it just doesn't remember who i am... I have had this problem for about 3 months... in fact it started when I got cable, but the problem still occurs w/ dialup.

Pony99CA
02-01-2003, 03:36 PM
happens to me evertime... if i restart or close the browser for a while or such, it will forget me and i have to login again...

it works fine w/ other phpBB boards and vBulliten and i've cleared my cache... it just doesn't remember who i am... I have had this problem for about 3 months... in fact it started when I got cable, but the problem still occurs w/ dialup.
I'm using Mozilla, and I don't think I've had to log in multiple times (maybe once a day or two ago).

However, on Pocket PC Passion, I have been forced to log in three times. Is this a coincidence or what? :?

Steve

Kati Compton
02-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Same for me as Rirath - when it happened to me, all I needed to do was delete the cookie.

PPower
02-02-2003, 05:48 AM
Jason, I've been expierencing the same problems on my site as well