View Full Version : No Canadian CarePaq for US-purchased iPAQ???

Bandito
01-29-2003, 08:31 PM
I just got off the phone with HP (Compaq) Canada, and was told that because I purchased my 5455 in the US it is not eligible for a Canadian CarePaq. Has anyone heard of this before? Has anyone done this (purchased a US unit and gotten a Canadian CarePaq or vice-versa)? I find this baffling. I've left a message with the CarePaq division (got voicemail :x ) and am not very happy right now. Does anyone know of alternatives to the CarePaq or alternate ways to register my device with a CarePaq? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

kfluet
01-29-2003, 09:02 PM
I'm not suprised, but it's still a real bummer. I have a Camera I bought at Costco here in Canada and it turns out to be the American "version" and I ended up getting a new camera when it broke (after the warranty was done, which Costco would have covered). The Canadian facility wouldn't even look at it.

I know people who have done things this way: When something goes wrong to ship it to the American repair place and then have them ship the repaired product to a friend or relative in the US and then they ship it back to you.

-- Kevin

Bandito
01-29-2003, 10:26 PM
I know people who have done things this way: When something goes wrong to ship it to the American repair place and then have them ship the repaired product to a friend or relative in the US and then they ship it back to you.

That's my last resort. The reason I'm really attracted to the CarePaq is its next-day replacement. If I have to ship to the US and have it shipped back, that next-day replacement just became weeks at my expense.

I'm still fighting with HP about it, but it seems like I'm making some progress. Also seems like the first guy I talked to was a dough-head. I'm still looking for some sort of case history I can use when dealing with them, so if anyone has an example of being able to do this I'd like to hear it. HP is a global company, is it not? :?