View Full Version : Bluetooth Sync question...

stevelink
01-29-2003, 06:55 AM
Greetings.
I just tried to "pair" my T68i Bluetooth phone to my Bluetooth-enabled PC, and the Desktop "Bluetooth Neighborhood" app keeps asking for a PIN. When I type in a default PIN, my Pairing process "fails". The Desktop PC is detected in the Bluetooth app on the phone. Any ideas on what to enter in this PIN dialog? (My SIM never needed a PIN, and the phone works fine otherwise.)
Thanks in advance from you experts!

jimski
01-29-2003, 07:44 AM
The PIN is a unique code, created by you, that allows two Bluetooth devices to be paired. What do you mean by a default PIN?

When pairing two devices, a dialog should come up on the PC (or PDA) asking for a Passkey or PIN. Your T68 should also ask for the Passkey. If the Passkey entered on both devices is the same, they will become paired and no further entry is required unless you remove the pairing on either device.

This is how Bluetooth handles security to prevent unauthorized Blutooth devices from accessing your PC or cell phone. I have my laptop, PDA and T68 all paired, using the same PIN.

stevelink
01-30-2003, 04:42 AM
Thanks, Jimski! I will attempt that tonight, after I install an upgrade to the "Bluetooth Neighborhood" software that I got from AmbiCom. So far, other than this, the T68i is great, and I am anxious to try it with the HP 5455.
Steve