View Full Version : What is the fastest way to Get the Axim?

axim400
01-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Hey I was just wondering what the fastest way to get the axim is (my friend wants one) and what are some cool gizmos to go with it. Low price would help too.

AirTimid
01-28-2003, 09:52 PM
I thought you could only purchase the Axim from Dell or Ebay? Anyways, your fastest bet would probably be ebay.

axim400
01-28-2003, 10:36 PM
I thought you could only purchase the Axim from Dell or Ebay? Anyways, your fastest bet would probably be ebay.
Well I have to break it to you AirTimid that it is availible on sites like www.palmyes.com It's cheaper and better and FASTER.

AirTimid
01-29-2003, 12:47 AM
I didn't know they were being sold by another vendor. Cool. It's actually no cheaper than what I got it for (bought in Dec.) and they don't say how many they have in stock, therefore it may or may not be faster than buying on ebay.

axim400
01-30-2003, 11:27 PM
I already know dell, plamyes and ebay but are there more?

TheBacklash
01-31-2003, 01:25 AM
... It's actually no cheaper than what I got it for (bought in Dec.)

Yep.

$324 on palmyes.com
$299 @ Dell.com

some were getting an even better discount than just the $50 rebate.

My bet is that Palmyes bought a bunch of dells in the begining at the $300 price (after rebate, they had to get it discounted...) and are now selling them at $324 little markup, but they get you to buy from them... and hopefully return to them in the future.
What does palmyes charge for 2 day shipping? odds are more than Dell does... another way to make a profit, and make you think your getting a better deal.

Sure they may get it to you faster than dell, Dell makes yours than ships it to you... Palmyes already had them made and just has to ship them. But is paying the extra money worth it to get it a week earlier?

PetiteFlower
02-02-2003, 09:55 PM
From what I've seen on Ebay, it's quite a bit more expensive to get them from there. It took me about 3 weeks to get mine, ordered Jan 2nd received the 23rd. Though it only took a day to ship, apparantly they have a warehouse in Harrisburg? *shrug* Anyway I didn't think it was an obscene wait. And they should be easier to get now that the rebate deal is over.