View Full Version : RANT: Soti Pocket Controller - Weak Upgrade Policy

Terry
01-28-2003, 07:38 PM
I downloaded a newer version of Soti Pocket Controller (a program that I've used for the last year) to run on my new iPAQ 5455...when I went to add my serial number, the program reported that my number had expired. Here's Soti's response:

"Hi,

When you purchase one of our products we include 6 months of free upgrade service, as well as 1-year of free technical support service. Our records show that the free upgrade service component of your registration has expired.

As a previous customer we would like to offer you a 15% discount on upgrading to the latest version of Pocket Controller-Professional. Please follow the instructions below to take advantage of this special offer." :x

Soti's policy is not on their Handango page (although I told them it should be). 15% off comes to $21.24...for an upgrade...potentially every 6 months! Kinda steep if you ask me! Since I didn't know of Soti's policy, I deleted older versions of their software from my hard drive when I downloaded the latest and their 3-day trial has expired.

Given their weak upgrade policy, I won't be using Pocket Controller any more :cry: (too bad really, I do like the program, but I'd rather spend the money with someone who supports their sales longer after purchase)..

MLO
01-28-2003, 09:09 PM
That is seriously lame.

I'm going through similar battles with someone who wants me to upgrade when all I need is the password to unlock my current version. Annoying.

MLO