View Full Version : When do the....

AndrewLubinus89
01-28-2003, 08:25 AM
Axim x3 and x7 come out? I am really looking forward to them. I am only thirteen and can't just upgrade whenever I want (stinks eh? :D ) so I am waiting to see what they are like. The main reason I didn't get an x5 was because of the size so the x3 might be interesting because I hear that it has the same specs as the x5. Also I hope price will go down when they are released so I can get the x5 basic for only 200. (it is too hard to mess with rebates overseas and I am too cheap to get it with the extra fifty bucks :) )

dean_shan
01-28-2003, 09:05 AM
Ican't just upgrade whenever I want
Who can? :wink:

(stinks eh? :D )
Yeah I know the feeling. :D

Tora
01-29-2003, 06:00 AM
It's a good question. Has anyone heard any rumors?

AndrewLubinus89
01-29-2003, 07:15 AM
It's a good question. Has anyone heard any rumors?

Hmmm...At an axim site I heard that the x3 would have the same specs as the x5 but thinner and the x7 would have bluetooth and wifi. But also I heard (I think) that yahoo news said that dell would have a $150 device out which I think is unlikely.

jd4science
01-30-2003, 04:54 AM
The main reason I didn't get an x5 was because of the size
They really aren't that big, certanly not big enough not to get one. Any particular reaon why it's too big?

AndrewLubinus89
01-30-2003, 04:24 PM
The main reason I didn't get an x5 was because of the size
They really aren't that big, certanly not big enough not to get one. Any particular reaon why it's too big?
I have one good one: Right now I have a visor edge :)
Um...Well before I got my edge I had (drumroll) my dad's old newton. The very first newton. (and you thought your pda was big). I looked really geeky(imagine a 12 year old carrying around a newton). Then I got my edge and everything was so light and I could carry it in my pocket. It was very nice so now I don't think I could go for anything that didn't easily fit in my pocket. :-/ It isn't the size that is keeping me from the axim but the fact my edge is only a year old and I don't know who I would sell it to.

Pat Logsdon
01-30-2003, 04:47 PM
I have one good one: Right now I have a visor edge :)
Check out this review:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/axim-x5-review.html

The Axim is almost exactly the same size as the Visor, as the photos show. Not a brick at all! :)

Tora
01-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanks for posting the cool review!

While I certainly agree that the Axim is not a brick, and it does have almost the same measurements as the original Visor, it is by no means as svelte as the Visor Edge!

I don't have one yet, so I can't comment on anything else...

AndrewLubinus89
01-31-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks for posting the cool review!

While I certainly agree that the Axim is not a brick, and it does have almost the same measurements as the original Visor, it is by no means as svelte as the Visor Edge!

I don't have one yet, so I can't comment on anything else...
Yeah, I really like my edge's form factor.

AndrewLubinus89
01-31-2003, 11:25 AM
Hmmm....Does that mean that I could fit an axim into my old handspring case (it is a neoprene handspring case that works with any handspring. I payed $20 for it and I don't want to lose it.)

garretwp
01-31-2003, 01:43 PM
AndrewLubinus89, you have to understand that the edge and the axim are two different pdas. you have faster and more technolody in the axim then in the axim. for example you have the bigger batter to support the faster speeds, the cf slot, the sd slot, the 64000 colored screen and so on. so that all adds up.

Garrett

AndrewLubinus89
02-01-2003, 01:03 PM
AndrewLubinus89, you have to understand that the edge and the axim are two different pdas. you have faster and more technolody in the axim then in the axim. for example you have the bigger batter to support the faster speeds, the cf slot, the sd slot, the 64000 colored screen and so on. so that all adds up.

Garrett

I know that there is a difference and I can completely understand that it isn't very big for its features. But still, I don't have to like it ;-) Now really, I am just saying that I am not sure I would use something that big because my pockets are small and that it would be difficult to transport.