View Full Version : Sold Palm, bought PPC... Now I need some advice pls... Can you help??

PPCdev
01-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Past proud owner of one Palm M130, sold on ebay. New proud owner of one Audiovox Maestro PDA-1032, bought on ebay. :-)

Okay, Ive made the big leap, but I had grown very much dependent on the Palm! I had all my important dates in there, and alarms to help keep me straight! The alarms were a biggie....

Does the PPC offer any such feature? Is there a program on it that allows me to set appointments and alarms? I really need that, I cant keep track of days or times without it.

Another question, with the Palm, those nifty alarms went off even if the device was off! Will the PPC do the same?

Thanks for any help!
Andrew

spursdude
01-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Yeah, PPC has alarms. On your Today screen, if you tap on the date, you'll get the option to set 4 different alarms, name them, and use them on different and multiple days. It should set off, even if your device is turned off at the time.

Some users have had troubles getting their PPC to reliably go off when there's an alarm. However, I haven't had that problem.

joefriday223
02-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Reminders may also be set through the calender. You can even record your own alarm sounds and have them play when the time comes. As for your dates and appointments, if you had them synched with outlook you should be able to synch them right into your new ppc. I made the same switch about 4 months ago (Palm m130 to Toshiba e335) and I don't know how I ever lived without this thing. The palm was okay but I was looking for something a little more than just an 'organizer' for $300.

PPCdev
02-09-2003, 02:02 AM
joefriday223, congradulations bro! Glad you too make the leap from the "LeapPad" of PDA's to mini computers, IE: PPCs! :-)

There is no way you can compare an M130 to even such a basic PPC as my Audiovox Maestro, which set me back an entire $170!

Live is *so much better*, I am *much* happier with a PPC, after having mine even for the short time to date, I cant beleive I was ever happy with a Palm. Mind you, Im not knocking Palms, they are great little organizers, but thats about all they will ever be, at least for years to come. Last years PPC is still more expandable and flexible than a new Tungston, not to start an argument, just my opinion.

Good luck with your PPC, you will love it more with each passing day, I know I do!

sdcromer
02-09-2003, 02:41 PM
I just switched from a Sony Clie T615C to a HP h1910 in January. The PPC will do everything that the Palm OS will do and much, much, more. Congrats on your purchase and enjoy - I know I have.

Vincent M Ferrari
02-09-2003, 02:52 PM
I agree with the above. After being fed up with the Palm Tungsten, I bought a Toshiba E330, and haven't looked back. What Palm was lacking in functionality could fill a 5 gallon bucket. It took a bit of getting used to, but I don't think I could be any happier with a handheld than I am right now.

PPCdev
02-10-2003, 02:40 AM
What Palm was lacking in functionality could fill a 5 gallon bucket.

Hehe! And thats just the tip of the iceburg!