View Full Version : Easily switch your HP 1910 to turbo-mode ( 300 MHz )

Kirkaiya
01-27-2003, 05:16 AM
I downloaded this free utility a little bit ago - I'm not sure if anybody posted a link to this here or not, I didn't see it on the list of topics; if so, sorry for the repeat.

The site is at http://elevatedstudios.com/pocket/

He has 2 apps up - the one of the right is the Turbo Tray, which uses the built-in "turbo" mode of the Xscale, as opposed to using it in normal "run" mode at a higher frequency (which is what the "speed stepper" app on the left does).

I've only used Turbo Tray - it's simple, intuitive, and VASTLY improves the rendering speed of Pocket IE when (especialliy when viewing AvantGo pages), and also WMP no longer skips when I'm doing other stuff (playing solataire, etc).

I owned a Viewsonic V35 for about 2 weeks before breaking it, and this Turbo Tray makes my 1910 as fast as my V35 was (I, for one, noticed the slight lag running my 1910 at 200 MHz).

Anyway - it's a great little app (the Turbo Tray) if anybody was looking for one. You can also underclock it to 100 MHz (everything ruunnnssss sllooowwww) if you are trying to save your battery. There's an optional "400 Mhz" setting, but I don't feel like trying that out on my poor little 1910.