View Full Version : Site Down for Maintenance

Jason Dunn
01-26-2003, 11:20 PM
We're going to be taking the site and the forums offline today for a few hours as we implement some new front-page code that will enhance the functionality of the site. I think you'll be very pleased with it! :D

dean_shan
01-26-2003, 11:52 PM
I'm excited to see what you have in store. This is a great site keep it up.

mirkazemisaman
01-27-2003, 12:22 AM
Keep up the good work with best Pocket PC site of all time.

Roosterman
01-27-2003, 12:35 AM
When will this happen? I don't want to go into withdrawals by suprise :D .

jd4science
01-27-2003, 12:47 AM
Don't get distracted by the Super Bowl! 8)

Jhokur2k
01-27-2003, 01:02 AM
That lil spinner on the front... drowsy... huh what the site is down?

dean_shan
01-27-2003, 01:29 AM
That spiner thing on the front page is trippy. I could stare at that for hours.

pocketpcdude1024
01-27-2003, 02:32 AM
How does it take hours to implement code? Couldn't there just be a "swap" of PHP files that would only take a few seconds instead of hours? I like the fast-paced updates this site delivers and I am saddened to see it go offline... even for a few hours. :cry:

Jason Dunn
01-27-2003, 02:40 AM
How does it take hours to implement code? Couldn't there just be a "swap" of PHP files that would only take a few seconds instead of hours?

It takes time because as I write this, Fabrizio and I are changing the site in real-time. Tweaking it, testing it, etc. Yes, if we had a fully mirrored build of the site somewhere we could test it there, but we don't.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but works of art take time. :lol:

pocketpcdude1024
01-27-2003, 02:43 AM
How does it take hours to implement code? Couldn't there just be a "swap" of PHP files that would only take a few seconds instead of hours?

It takes time because as I write this, Fabrizio and I are changing the site in real-time. Tweaking it, testing it, etc. Yes, if we had a fully mirrored build of the site somewhere we could test it there, but we don't.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but works of art take time. :lol:

I just love it when a site gets revamped! Can you share anything with us yet? Do you have a "prototype" yet? Ooh, this is soooo exciting! :D