View Full Version : ipaq 3970 Charge and notification LED problem

nosmohtac
01-26-2003, 08:28 AM
I have a new 3970 and when I put it in the sync cradle to charge the amber light would flash while charging and come on steady after charge was complete. Now while it is in the cradle it will start out as a flashing amber and switch to a flashing green LED, which is supposed to be the signal for notifications. the problem is I don't have any upcoming appts and it keeps flashing for about an hour after I remove it from the cradle.
I tried turning off the notification in settings, but it didn't change anything.
Anybody else see anything like this?

vincentsiaw
01-26-2003, 05:37 PM
do you check your alarm setting? maybe one of them just get haywire...

nosmohtac
01-27-2003, 12:53 AM
yes, I checked the alarm setting and even turned off the notifications in settings.
Just today,I found out if I run the self test on the LEDs while it is in the cradle it changes immediately from flashing green to flashing amber, and if it is flashing green when I remove it from the cradle, running the self test just stops it from flashing. :?

Pony99CA
01-28-2003, 06:06 PM
yes, I checked the alarm setting and even turned off the notifications in settings.
Just today,I found out if I run the self test on the LEDs while it is in the cradle it changes immediately from flashing green to flashing amber, and if it is flashing green when I remove it from the cradle, running the self test just stops it from flashing. :?
I had the same problem at one time. I eventually found that the ActiveSync:Begin sync notification had the Flash light check box checked on the Notifications tab of the Sounds & Notifications settings applet.

Steve